Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

How long does skywards take to respond?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG

I sent an email (via the website) on Sunday and haven't had a reply yet. Am I being unreasonable expecting a reply within four days?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, Etihad Guest Gold, VS
I am not sure whether you are being unreasonable but my last communication with Skywards, also via the website, got a response in 5 days.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 9:35 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
I havent received replies to my queries - one was a month ago and the other 5 days ago.
Don't know if anyone can answer my question - EK didnt issue a confirmation email with my last booking on Sunday and the call Centre said the amount paid is on my e ticket - which it is and always has been - but I always had a confirmation from EK before.
Have they stopped issuing confirmation?
If anyone can advise then thanks!

Last edited by daisymay2; Feb 28, 2013 at 9:36 am Reason: typo
Old Feb 28, 2013, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by daisymay2
I havent received replies to my queries - one was a month ago and the other 5 days ago.
Don't know if anyone can answer my question - EK didnt issue a confirmation email with my last booking on Sunday and the call Centre said the amount paid is on my e ticket - which it is and always has been - but I always had a confirmation from EK before.
I last made a booking through the UK website on 1st February this year. I received the usual confirmation email with Fare Conditions, E Ticket and C of C attachments.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Do you have the booking reference code? If so, log into emirates, "manage a booking" and see if the flights say "confirmed" under booking status.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Thanks guys!
Weasel07 yes, it says confirmed - I was able to pre-book my seat and meal preferences, but when I rang them to query where the confirmation was they said they didnt deal with it - they sent me the e-tickets 3 times and no confirmation.
So shall I leave it or phone them again?
Thanks again!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 1:34 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Thanks guys!
Weasel07 yes, it says confirmed - I was able to pre-book my seat and meal preferences, but when I rang them to query where the confirmation was they said they didnt deal with it - they sent me the e-tickets 3 times and no confirmation.
So shall I leave it or phone them again?
Thanks again!
My last confirmation ended up in my spam folder... So check that if you haven't already
Old Feb 28, 2013, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
My last confirmation ended up in my spam folder... So check that if you haven't already
Thanks - I already did that.
So I ring them?
Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2013, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Still haven't heard and if I don't hear soon it will be too late (might be too late anyway).
Old Mar 15, 2013, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Finally got the reponse which was pathetic - I wanted to buy tickets for Arsenal using skywards miles for my husband and son but they won't let me unless I collect them - we live 200 miles away (we used to live about half a mile from the old stadium) so totally impractical. And the match we wanted has long gone anyway.

Four weeks to answer a query is ridiculous.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:19 am

Programs: CX Gold, EK, OW Saphire
I got the email to choose my gold gift on 2nd of March. I accidentally clicked the wrong link, so i called and spoke to a skywards CSA she didn't get my query initially and told me to send an email - i asked her to take down the request, she did which was basically her sending an email to 'someone'.

Thought nothing off it, i would have been fine with either gift. Didn't get my gold pack until today so was thinking of sending an email, and viola - 18th of March i get an email from Skywards saying, thank you for sending a request to Skywards to change your Gold gift, we have dispatched your membership pack to your address...
Old Mar 18, 2013, 7:27 am

I've really got So frustrated with both EK and Skywards. I don't know why it always seems to take weeks and endless emails to recover missing emails. It takes weeks for a response. The customer service IMHO has deteriorated massively!
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:53 pm

Forgot about this - still had no reply to my email........!
Old Mar 25, 2013, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HelloKittysMum
Finally got the reponse which was pathetic - I wanted to buy tickets for Arsenal using skywards miles for my husband and son but they won't let me unless I collect them - we live 200 miles away (we used to live about half a mile from the old stadium) so totally impractical. And the match we wanted has long gone anyway.

Four weeks to answer a query is ridiculous.
Went back to them and said that the amount of time it took was ridiculous, that their response wasn't very helpful and that I expected more from Emirates. Got a response this morning apologising and crediting my Skywards account with 15,000 miles (which will be enough for a match - just need to find a date when husband and I are both available as they won't budge on me having to pick up the tickets and we live 200 miles from London). Always worth (very nicely) complaining!
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:07 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Red face

Originally Posted by HelloKittysMum
Went back to them and said that the amount of time it took was ridiculous, that their response wasn't very helpful and that I expected more from Emirates. Got a response this morning apologising and crediting my Skywards account with 15,000 miles (which will be enough for a match - just need to find a date when husband and I are both available as they won't budge on me having to pick up the tickets and we live 200 miles from London). Always worth (very nicely) complaining!
15000 miles for that!

Bad and I mean ruin my wife's trousers before a 16 hour j flight and do things like promise flat beds and give recliners or whimike get downgraded from f to j and you don't get a bean!

By the way complete waste of money watching arsenal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.