Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates New Routes and Changes 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2013, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Blackmamba..

Yes, EK will be THEE dominant airline in about 3 years I would say! That is their goal. They already are the largest Int'l airline re passengers (but every flight is int'l for EK vs #2 LH which has domestic ops)

As far as Mexico City, I'm certain the thinking is going there via Miami... and I've heard Caracas as another possibility.

It's kind of exciting to see where this company goes next. My guess: Boston!

Kap
Old Jan 1, 2013, 1:10 am
Original Poster

... and have heard several other cities from Miami down to South America.

I would think Santiago, Bogota and maybe Lima???

K
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Kapitanleutnant

K
If they gets a fifth freedom local traffic rights. If they have an approved from DOT. They have go through customs & immigrations or if you needs get a transit visas wavier.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards | Lufthansa Miles&Mores | Hilton HHonors
A380 to PER

A380 to PER delayed

Perth airport management seem to be getting onto Clark's nerves, guess we'll see BNE as the next A380 destination in down under. QF and EK are going to also have to find a way to get the current PER-Europe QF Pax covered once the JV begins.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by MucEKPer
QF and EK are going to also have to find a way to get the current PER-Europe QF Pax covered once the JV begins.
The current 3 daily services should go a long way already, I'd say. They could still upgauge the one remaining B77L service to a B77W.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:43 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Kapitanleutnant

K
Same aircraft international flights that transit USA are a pain for passengers and the airline, due to US immigration rules and processes.

Every through passenger has to be processed by immigration (i.e. needs the appropriate visa or visa waiver). It is bad enough where there is a holding pen with its own immigration desks, like NZ1 & 2 at LAX between AKL and LHR; but if there is no holding pen there is the added problem for the airline of an unknown time for immigration to process through passengers.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
How many LHR flight do they have now? I think it is more than 4 or 5 A380 has already in service from DXB-LHR.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH
How many LHR flight do they have now? I think it is more than 4 or 5 A380 has already in service from DXB-LHR.
All 5 flights to LHR are A380 now. Now it will be interesting to see if they will deploy the A380 also in near future to LGW.

EK will have 2 flights with the A380 to Barcelone in Feb. but more destinations are not yet announced for this year afaik. How many A380 will EK get this year ?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Sven1083
All 5 flights to LHR are A380 now. Now it will be interesting to see if they will deploy the A380 also in near future to LGW.

EK will have 2 flights with the A380 to Barcelone in Feb. but more destinations are not yet announced for this year afaik. How many A380 will EK get this year ?
EK will most likely get 9 A380s during 2013, including 8 ULR aircraft and 1 LR aircraft.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 4:48 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador

Folks

We'll be splitting threads now - as it will be much easier to track new and up to date info once we jettison the old thread.

regards

eightblack & Zol
Moderators-EK Forum
Old Jan 3, 2013, 5:36 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Good call! The old thread was getting somewhat long!
Old Jan 3, 2013, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by CaptainEKAirbus
EK will most likely get 9 A380s during 2013, including 8 ULR aircraft and 1 LR aircraft.
Does the delivery of 8 A380 indicates more A380 services to USA and Australia or will they be used for Europe/Asia?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by EK77W
Does the delivery of 8 A380 indicates more A380 services to USA and Australia or will they be used for Europe/Asia?
EK wants go to Perth with the A380 but there is still the third bridge missing.

Are any of them versions with the higher MTOW ? They would need them to the West Coast USA without any payload restrictions. Sao Paulo maybe too.

Maybe we see also a comeback to JNB with the A380, more destinations in Africa I do not see right now.

In Europe you never know what their plan is. FRA comes to mind, maybe LGW, the 2nd daily MAN flight which was rumored in the past, BCN gets two flights early this year maybe a test, more in UK like BHX, ZRH or maybe HAM.

For Australia I would suspect Perth, and maybe an upgrade for one of the flights to Australia which stops in SE Asia.

EK is also in talks for more flights to India. If they can get there I would expect then at least 2-3 destinations, like Delhi and Mumbai for the A380.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:41 pm

I would expect Brisbane to upgauge to A388 before Perth.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:51 pm

There are so many possibilities...

I can imagine DXB-KUL-MEL; DXB-SIN-MEL.....PVG going daily....KIX, RUH, FRA, MXP....
And since EK soon will get 6 ULR frames; I can expect GRU, LAX and SFO....!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.