Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates New Routes and Changes 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates New Routes and Changes 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2013, 8:57 am

MIA, BOS and Stockholm

Do we know when those routes will be officially announced?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 6:43 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by euroxx
Will be announced by end of Jan, latest beginning Feb. 110% in 2013 will begin services to Miami, Boston, Stockholm and Brussels. Later on in the year they will announce Taipei, Chengdu and possibly Malaga in Spain. Cannot quote the source as it's still confidential
I have it on good authority Denver is not coming in 2013! The only one I cared about
Old Jan 11, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: EK | DL | BA
Originally Posted by m3red
I have it on good authority Denver is not coming in 2013! The only one I cared about
Thanks for sharing.

Are there any more US routes possibly on the cards for 2013? Where do places like ATL, ORD or even LVS sit on EK's wish list?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Face81
Thanks for sharing.

Are there any more US routes possibly on the cards for 2013? Where do places like ATL, ORD or even LVS sit on EK's wish list?
The expansion plans are massive, I didn't want to ask too many questions but I did ask re Denver because I like skiing in breck!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: EK | DL | BA
Originally Posted by m3red
The expansion plans are massive, I didn't want to ask too many questions but I did ask re Denver because I like skiing in breck!
Do you mean for the US, or just in general?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Good news, if true.

Still wonder why we never see ATL on EK's radar?
Probably not. Not for a while. I think they have wait for a few years later.

DL has flew it already. I think ATL-DXB has done extremely very well. Give it some more competition against another airline.

Originally Posted by planespotterek
Do we know when those routes will be officially announced?
Not yet. You have wait for official release from EK. They will announced it. Try to be more patiently. Give some time.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 8:38 pm

Do you mean for the US, or just in general?
Certainly a few more in the us and many more beyond. Tim Clark is a visionary and wants a whole load more a380s
Old Jan 12, 2013, 7:16 am

Does anyone know anything about a possible expansion in Canada (daily in Toronto and new route to Vancouver and Calgary) knowing that the relations between the two countries are now better?
Old Jan 12, 2013, 2:06 pm

Dublin route is doing well

Check out this:

http://www.independent.ie/business/i...e-3349770.html

We may see a double daily soon
Old Jan 13, 2013, 4:39 am

What about South and Central America, any idea if anything will be announced this year? I keep reading about potential routes to Santiago, Bogota and and Lima but I don't see Emirates mentioning those destinations anywhere...

Also do we know if Buenos Aires will get a direct flight as well instead of stopping in Rio?

So what are the definite new routes for this year?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:33 am

Does anyone know anything about a possible expansion in Canada (daily in Toronto and new route to Vancouver and Calgary) knowing that the relations between the two countries are now better?
Emirates is very keen to get further rights into Canada, however until bilateral relations change between the UAE and Canada it is not possible for Emirates to expand. Emirates wants twice daily Toronto, daily YVR and daily YYC. Looking at the onwards connections from Emirates' Seattle route the majority of connecting passengers are in fact going to YVR, YYC, YYJ, YLW, and YEG on Alaska/Horizon Airlines than other US destinations. In fact just a few days ago exactly 30 passengers were connecting from SEA to YEG (from EK), which goes to show that there is quite a large demand for the additional Canadian service.

Check out this:

http://www.independent.ie/business/i...e-3349770.html

We may see a double daily soon
Emirates will most likely announce a second daily flight to DUB, loads are quite strong however the yields aren't, so I'd imagine it would be with a 2 class aircraft.

What about South and Central America, any idea if anything will be announced this year? I keep reading about potential routes to Santiago, Bogota and and Lima but I don't see Emirates mentioning those destinations anywhere...

Also do we know if Buenos Aires will get a direct flight as well instead of stopping in Rio?

So what are the definite new routes for this year?
Buenos Aires is in a difficult position for Emirates to connect with a direct flight as they're still new to the market and due to the long length of the flight Emirates has to have high yields in J and F to ensure the routes operate profitability. In terms of other South American destinations, it'll probably be a few more years before we see some major expansion. I know Mexico City has always been hinted as a tag on to Miami, however I don't know if it would ever happen.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by CaptainEKAirbus
Emirates is very keen to get further rights into Canada, however until bilateral relations change between the UAE and Canada it is not possible for Emirates to expand. Emirates wants twice daily Toronto, daily YVR and daily YYC. Looking at the onwards connections from Emirates' Seattle route the majority of connecting passengers are in fact going to YVR, YYC, YYJ, YLW, and YEG on Alaska/Horizon Airlines than other US destinations. In fact just a few days ago exactly 30 passengers were connecting from SEA to YEG (from EK), which goes to show that there is quite a large demand for the additional Canadian service.

Emirates will most likely announce a second daily flight to DUB, loads are quite strong however the yields aren't, so I'd imagine it would be with a 2 class aircraft.

Buenos Aires is in a difficult position for Emirates to connect with a direct flight as they're still new to the market and due to the long length of the flight Emirates has to have high yields in J and F to ensure the routes operate profitability. In terms of other South American destinations, it'll probably be a few more years before we see some major expansion. I know Mexico City has always been hinted as a tag on to Miami, however I don't know if it would ever happen.
Thank you for the update, really appreciated.

I have also heard of a potential A380 to Sao Paulo in the near future, is there any confirmed sources on that?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:48 pm

When Qatar announced flights to Kilimanjaro, it was mentioned that Emirates was negotiating landing rights as well, any update on that?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Have heard that EK is going to ask the US FAA for landing rights for it's A-380 to IAD, DFW, MEM and AUS.

Obviously MEM and AUS would be for bad weather alternates for DFW.

I'm surprised because I didn't realize the 380 had that flight length capability???

Kap
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:22 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by Kapitanleutnant
Have heard that EK is going to ask the US FAA for landing rights for it's A-380 to IAD, DFW, MEM and AUS.

Obviously MEM and AUS would be for bad weather alternates for DFW.

I'm surprised because I didn't realize the 380 had that flight length capability???

Kap
The A388 has a range of ~8,300 nm or ~9,500 miles.

DXB - DFW is 8,040 mi.

So it seems if the numbers above are correct and fairly accurate, then the range should not be an issue. I know EK supposedly wants to put the A380 on the DXB-IAH route and eventually to the WC destinations of LAX and SFO.

Would be very interesting to see it happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.