Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Redeeming Skywards on Partner Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2012, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver

After checking the appropriate Business booking class for redemptions on SAA (I), I chose specific dates where I knew I Class to be available on the flights I wanted. I completed one of the online redemption forms but got an email back today to tell me that both my preferred itinerary and alternative were not possible due to "unavailability of seats for your desired reward on requested dates enabling us to process your request".

Knowing the seats were still available, I called EK to check why the booking had not been made. After a period of holding, the agent came back on the phone to tell me that you cannot book an EK reward on SAA out with 6 months of travel. Can't see this mentioned on the Skywards site.

I'm a bit annoyed about this but if that's the rules, I have no choice but to abide by them. Just thought I'd post this to make others aware of this restriction.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The Skywards Terms and Conditions specify that the six months requirement applies to some partners but do not list the specific partners. See:
15.3 Some airline Partners do not permit Flight Rewards to be booked more than six months in advance due to scheduling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.