I'm currently looking at booking my flights for October 8th, HYD-DXB-JFK. There is no Z availability to use miles to upgrade to first from DXB-JFK on that date. It's available the 9th, but I need to be back in NY on the 8th. I see that IAD, SEA, YYZ, and DFW have seats of upgrading, so do you think I should wait for JFK to becom available? I set an expert flyer notification. Or should I book one of the other destinations that are available? The only problem with doing that is that it's about $1000 more than booking JFK in J.
So what do you think? SEA and DFW are a little too far, so what do you think about IAD/YYZ. The A380 is YYZ so I'm slightly leaning towards that, it's just the late arrival into Toronto compared to the 8:15am into IAD. I can easily quickly connect as I only have a carry on for this trip.
EK seems to have some sale fares to IAD (about US $ 3100 if you leave before November) as it is a new route. In my experience, YYZ fares are higher than JFK, sometimes by a lot.
The reason it's so high is because I'm doing a multi city trip- flying into IAD, and then the return is from JFK. Id rather not fly back to IAD while flying back to HYD. The return is just a dummy date. Feb 22nd, but will def use it much before that. i just always keep the return date far out for cheaper fares. I live in NY, but all my EK journeys originate in HYD (much cheaper F/J fares). I'm leaving JFK on Oct 4, getting into HYD the early morning of the 6th, looking to depart HYD the evening of the 7th, for a 8th A.M. arrival back to the US.
Last edited by Emirates202; Oct 21, 12 at 9:02 am..