Search

ADL, WAW and LYS coming online

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2012, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Blue

Hi All...

It was just announced today that EK will start flying to ADL and LYS this Autumn and start WAW services starting March 2012. This is confirmed news and should arrive on the GDS soon.

What you think? ADL yes, LYS yes, WAW doubtful in my opinion. Can't see much business from there... watch the news...

Keep flying,
NGA
Old Jul 4, 2012, 12:26 pm

ADL 4 times weekly from 1st November 2012.

LYS 5 times weekly from 5th December 2012.

WAW daily from 6th February 2013

http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/a...14489&offset=0

ETA: Just noticed this is already posted in the New Routes thread - post 1635.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...anges-109.html

Last edited by ft101; Jul 4, 2012 at 12:30 pm Reason: Posted elsewhere.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Blue
Can you see WAW doing any good??? I have my reserved thoughts about that... Sure it will be a crappy 330 for that one. ADL and LYS will probs get 777 because you can't brush them off with 80's J/F class. Also there is a visa issue with WAW, whereas Ozzies and French can walk into DXB. WAW smart move over other EU destinations??? I don't think so.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG

Poland doing quite well economically. There was a recent trade mission to UAE headed by their PM which was well received. More tourism from gcc than you might expect to former Easter block. Plenty of interest in their proposed privatisation programme from gcc and Asia so you never now might do ok that route.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
LYS flights earn bonus

I just got an email from Skywards saying I can get bonus miles for LYS flights. If I fly to Dubai its 10K bonus for F, 6K for biz, and 4K for economy. And more bonus miles if I connect in Dubai onwards to another city.

For travel between Dec 5th and Jan 31st.

I'm guessing I got this email since LYS is my home airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.