Search

B777-200LR question?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
Question B777-200LR question?

Hi, it's me again..
1.I'm flying with my dad on 01-12-12 from JNB-DXB-SFO-LAS-JFK-DXB-CPT-WHK-JNB-DUR in a mixture of J and F

The flight from DXB-SFO is in F on a 777-200LR and I was wondering if the aircraft has the suite seats, bar/lounge and showers (like the A388) or an older version of F.

The only flight on the 772 is DXB-SFO. But it is the longest leg of the journey so I hope it's comfortable. 19 hours on the plane - not fun

(CPT-WHK-JNB-DUR are SAA flights n J)
(SFO-LAS is on a US carrier)

2. I'm flying as a UM with my sister in Y DUR-DXB-LHR , LGW-DXB-DUR on 25-12-12 and had 1 question - will we be allowed to roam around Dubai airport and shop for the 4 hour transit or be restricted to the UM lounge?

3. I am a skywards member and want to know if I can assign my miles for CPT-WHK-JNB-DUR to my skywards account rather than SAA Voyager (since EK and SA are partners)

Thanks
Ahmed777
(I hope you all don't find THIS thread humorous )
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:21 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
You'll have the suites on DXB-SFO, but no bar or showers.

No idea about the other questions, sorry. All my UM experiences were 5+ years ago, good times those were.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Ahmed777
3. I am a skywards member and want to know if I can assign my miles for CPT-WHK-JNB-DUR to my skywards account rather than SAA Voyager (since EK and SA are partners)
Skywards miles only at 125% of miles flown. No Tier Miles.

http://www.skywards.com/partner_deta...ner%20Airlines
Old Jul 8, 2012, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Ahmed777
2. I'm flying as a UM with my sister in Y DUR-DXB-LHR , LGW-DXB-DUR on 25-12-12 and had 1 question - will we be allowed to roam around Dubai airport and shop for the 4 hour transit or be restricted to the UM lounge?
What happened last time when you flew as UM on your trip back to the land of really slow WiFi (but amazingly fast 3G)? And more importantly, what did you eat in DXB and what did you buy with your $300? (I hate unfinished stories!)
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
EK 225, DXB-SFO, is a 77W not a 77L
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:51 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by minhaoxue
EK 225, DXB-SFO, is a 77W not a 77L
Correct, the SFO route uses a 777-300ER.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
Originally Posted by blagger
What happened last time when you flew as UM on your trip back to the land of really slow WiFi (but amazingly fast 3G)? And more importantly, what did you eat in DXB and what did you buy with your $300? (I hate unfinished stories!)
We departed late and were forced to circle in wait for landing, when wenarrived we went straight to the next plane for boarding-no food/shopping

My dad said it was a 77W so I apologize for that error

Thanks for the replies

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.