Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Earning reciprocity now with JetBlue, too

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2012, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

JetBlue and Emirates announced today earning rates for flights on each others' metal starting on July 1. Discounted fares earn less (no surprise there) but there are options. For earning Skywards points on B6 metal here's the chart:

There is also a double points promo for travel through September 30, purchased today or later. Registration is required.

More details on the new Emirates/JetBlue partnership here and here.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
This is a significant tie up for EK. JetBlue is popular in NYC area and is becoming popular every where, especially with its 1st bag free policy. I think now US travellers flying on EK will have good accrual and redemption opportunities in JetBlue.

However, 0.25 mile for the some fares would put a damper on someone trying to accrue. The minimum is 0.5 mile for JetBlue accruals on EK flights, which is inline with EK accruals with other airlines. Also why the delay in redemption to next year. Generally redemptions start within 3 months of joining.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 7:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hyho61
Also why the delay in redemption to next year.
My understanding is that it is related to the logistics of setting up the partner redemption schemes. JetBlue only has one other partner where that is possible today and their program is generally based on revenue rather than distance flown so reconciling those issues takes time. Not to mention the technical hurdles.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
AS and B6 additions

Very happy to see US-based partners again, but I am getting tired of waiting for AS redemption. AS has lots of partners from different places, so I am not sure why EK is taking so long. I know it won't be online anyway, so...

Rasheed
Old Oct 11, 2012, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Hey.

Anyone actually earned EK miles on a B6/JetBlue flight? I bought my B6 via an outside OTA and there was nowhere online to add it. And then, when I called, they had no idea about earning EK miles and had to invoke a supervisor to do the task.

Okay, maybe that should have been my clue that it is not a great idea to earn EK miles on B6, but with the double promo that I missed, I was a bit surprised. Aside from the fact that it was an expensive L fare (.5 earning fare), but since it was the most efficient way for my point A to point B in this scenario (and not a bad airline inflight either) -- you have to get the miles somewhere if you don't do the B6 program.

I asked them try it with the EK prefix, that seems to have worked, but there was not much confidence from the agent still.

Rasheed
Old Oct 11, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by rasheed
Hey.

Anyone actually earned EK miles on a B6/JetBlue flight? I bought my B6 via an outside OTA and there was nowhere online to add it. And then, when I called, they had no idea about earning EK miles and had to invoke a supervisor to do the task.

Okay, maybe that should have been my clue that it is not a great idea to earn EK miles on B6, but with the double promo that I missed, I was a bit surprised. Aside from the fact that it was an expensive L fare (.5 earning fare), but since it was the most efficient way for my point A to point B in this scenario (and not a bad airline inflight either) -- you have to get the miles somewhere if you don't do the B6 program.

I asked them try it with the EK prefix, that seems to have worked, but there was not much confidence from the agent still.

Rasheed
I could'nt find it either on their website, but a simple call to add it done it for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.