Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Chauffeur Drive Service in BKK & HKG

Old May 30, 2012, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards | SQ Krisflyer | VA Velocity | EY Guest | CX AsiaMiles

Fellow Members,

Firstly I'd like to start by saying I've asked this question before (regarding the chauffeur drive in both BKK and HKG) in a previous thread I started about 12 months ago. But as I understand it the situation regarding this service in both BKK and HKG has changed.

Last December I flew HKG-BKK-DXB-BKK-HKG in F on EK384 / EK385 respectively. Prior to booking I heard some rumours on FT that the chauffeur drive service was not available in both BKK and HKG. Keeping in mind this was almost a year ago.

To my amazement when disembarking the aircraft from HKG-BKK, I saw about 6-8 Emirates and BFS ground staff holding signs for both First and Business Class passengers. I questioned one of the Emirates staff members and he was adamant that chauffeur drive should have been available for me to book. He did state that the service was temporarily suspended but services in both BKK and HKG were back up and running again.

This occurred on both the return flight from DXB-BKK (EK384) and BKK-HKG (EK384).

I'm doing these flights again in December and the problem has arisen again (cannot book the chauffeur drive service).

Just wondering how I can go about booking the service in both HKG and BKK?

Thanks in advanced! ^
Old May 31, 2012, 12:24 am

I have a booking later this year into BKK and the option to book the chauffeur drive is there on Manage My Booking.

I don't use it as I'm outwith the free mileage and a taxi works out cheaper, but from memory it was sometime between January and April this year it started.
Old May 31, 2012, 1:38 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
I have booked it on MMB and utilised it back in April, no issues.
Old May 31, 2012, 2:53 am

Programs: ua, china gold, ethiad gold,emirates gold, omanair gold,
I just did use this chauffeur service in bkk also, but my flight 2 month ago did not offer this service.think it was suspended for a while, then last year i did get the service also.
Old May 31, 2012, 6:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gfl, GGL
I'm sure that it is.

Was in BKK last week and it was offered to me and have always been offered chauffeur drive in HKG and travel there regularly.
Old May 31, 2012, 6:12 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
I have the service later this year when I travel to BKK. I know the only exclusions are itineraries which are exclusively between Bangkok and Hong Kong are not eligible for Chauffeur-drive. See http://www.emirates.com/english/plan...available.aspx

Some saver tickets in Business sometimes exclude the Chauffeur-drive. However if there are no exclusions you need to get on the phone to find out what has been going ASP. Look forward to finding out the answer.

Last edited by lightyear40; May 31, 2012 at 6:19 am
Old Jun 1, 2012, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards | SQ Krisflyer | VA Velocity | EY Guest | CX AsiaMiles
Firstly I'd like to thank those that replied to this topic, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Just to update this topic...

I called Emirates today in regards to the Chauffeur Drive in BKK and HKG on EK384 and EK385 call signs and was told that Chauffeur Drive Services were not available for flights:

EK384 (BKK-HKG).
&
EK385 (HKG-BKK).

This was due to their 3hr flight rule. Which has been discussed extensively throughout this forum...

Thanks again to those that replied.

Be sure to update this thread if conditions regarding this subject change.

^
Old Jun 1, 2012, 10:03 am

I got this response from Emirates when I emailed them.

Dear Mr ,
Thank you for your email.
As long as the ticket is for travel from Dubai-Hong Kong, you will be eligible for the chauffeur service in Hong Kong even if the flight is due to make an intermediate stop in Bangkok en-route.

Kind regards,

Neil
Emirates UK
Old Jun 1, 2012, 10:07 am

Apologies in advance for being such a noob. But say if I book a one way dxb-hkg, can I get a limo to the airport and also a limo at the other end in hkg? Or do I only get to pick one or the other?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by thedude88
Apologies in advance for being such a noob. But say if I book a one way dxb-hkg, can I get a limo to the airport and also a limo at the other end in hkg? Or do I only get to pick one or the other?
No apology necessary. You get a car at both ends.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.