The EK Lounge Database

Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:19 am
Moderator, Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
The EK Lounge Database

Folks

I'd like your help please.

Similar to other forums, I'd like to start to build a dedicated thread to the EK Lounge Network, with photos. We should have enough people travelling through the EK network to enable this and I'll ask the EK Ambassadors to assist, given their travel schedules.

Once we start to get some momentum with it, I will move it to the "Everything You Wanted To Know About Emirates" sticky, specifically the Lounges subsection here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15486622-post2.html

If you'd like your 15-seconds of fame, please post your photos and overall summary here. I will take care of MEL and SIN this week, and JFK, DXB at the end of the month. But the more the merrier.

Feel free to post your thoughts on partner lounges as well (ie non EK lounges which F & J passengers might have access to for example in CMB)

Rate things that are important to you (ie quality of wi-fi, food, drink, ease of finding a seat, toilets, showers, direct access to A380 from within the lounge, location within the airport etc)

Thanks

SIMON
(eightblack)
Moderator-EK Forum
Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:39 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C2YfqrOqtE

I did a video of the BHX lounge when it first opened. Don't know if it's any use to you. If you like then I can do more, I visit around 3 lounges per month. Normally HKG, BKK, JFK and UK ones.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:40 am
Moderator, Trip Reports
Original Poster

Originally Posted by residentx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C2YfqrOqtE

I did a video of the BHX lounge when it first opened. Don't know if it's any use to you. If you like then I can do more, I visit around 3 lounges per month. Normally HKG, BKK, JFK and UK ones.
Of course. Excellent work. Thank you for your contribution.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 6:55 pm

Programs: EK Skywards | SQ Krisflyer | VA Velocity | EY Guest | CX AsiaMiles
G'day 'eightblack',

I have shot the following video for Brisbane Airport.

Emirates First and Business Class Lounge - Brisbane International Airport (BNE):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeSnz...el_video_title

Cheers,

EK433B77W.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:05 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports
Original Poster

EK433B77W

Very nice camera work. Thank you for the contribution. I am going to have a separate section for video footage, and one for straight photos. I will include yours when we compile the master list.

Good to see Brisbane - its a lounge I have not yet visited

Thanks

SIMON
Old Apr 13, 2011, 2:09 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Another data point - the KUL lounge. Expanded in January '11 to include additional seating space and a second mini buffet. OSIM chair conspicuously present. Seating capacity of 150. They also serve some strange champagne I've never heard/ seen before. Same style as other EK lounges. Great staff too. Taken some pics that I will upload when I'm back home.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 4:02 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
I was in NBO last week but the photo I took on my BB is too embarrassing to post! Anyway as far as the (shared) lounge goes rather than making a meal of it and going into any great detail my advice would be to avoid the need to use it for anything other than stopping by to get a cold drink and a rather unappetising snack. It is small, crowded does not have a smoking section and has no ambiance. Not a place to hang out!

Last edited by mrtdxb; Apr 14, 2011 at 4:07 pm Reason: Add smoking info.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 4:06 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
I was in Lagos (LOS) a couple of weeks ago and have often used the shared lounges there. Both the F and J lounges are adequate if souless. They are OK sizewise but do not have much in the way of food offerings. For me though the great parts are that they both have smoking sections and both have free wireless Internet which believe me is a big plus in Nigeria!
Old Apr 14, 2011, 5:44 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver, Miles & Bonus Gold, BD Diamond Blue
Originally Posted by ung1
Another data point - the KUL lounge. Expanded in January '11 to include additional seating space and a second mini buffet. OSIM chair conspicuously present. Seating capacity of 150. They also serve some strange champagne I've never heard/ seen before. Same style as other EK lounges. Great staff too. Taken some pics that I will upload when I'm back home.
Yeah was surprised to see the additional section, always quiet in the new end. The staff are always friendly and obliging. Spoke to the floor manager, they seem to think the expansion is in preparation for taking A380, fingers crossed! the usual EK gate is A380 ready with upper deck jetbridge. Perhaps they would put it on EK408/409, since they ve 5th freedom rights on the KUL-MEL sector.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 9:07 pm

Programs: QANTAS FF, SKYWARDS GOLD
Lounge Database

Great idea.

Could I ask that each review notes if smoking is or isn't permitted & if not how close the nearest smoking area is.
eg Singapore - No smoking but Cactus Garden 5 minutes stroll away
Zurich - No smoking but smoking area one floor down & 3 minutes walk

Thanks

Dave
Old Apr 20, 2011, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Here are the pics I took of the KUL Lounge:

Old Apr 20, 2011, 8:26 pm

As data points for smokers: Auckland - usual, great EK lounge (that is apparently being expanded), with smoking available a short walk away in a clearly signed, outside smokers area on the roof of the building. Sydney, usual, great EK lounge with absolutely NO smoking possibilities at all airport-wide.

Last edited by mrtdxb; Apr 21, 2011 at 9:26 pm Reason: Edited to close brackets ...
Old Apr 20, 2011, 10:47 pm
Suspended

Will start taking photos from now on... :-) excellent idea...

Last edited by SQUALO; Apr 20, 2011 at 11:42 pm
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:33 pm
Suspended

Cool EK Lounge Frankfurt

Picture down below:

Last edited by SQUALO; Apr 21, 2011 at 2:00 am
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:47 pm
Suspended

Smile EK Lounge Shanghai

Last edited by SQUALO; Apr 21, 2011 at 2:18 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.