Cost/value per mile

Old Jun 2, 2012, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Cost/value per mile

Redemption varies in value depending on routes and even your location within a Skywards zone. eg on my usual route a 3,600 mile flight requires 25,000 miles to upgrade and a 3,000 mile one needs 32,500 miles.

I've seen costs per mile mentioned elsewhere, so has anyone calculated an equivalent monetary value they would consider fair for redeeming Skywards miles, and also when earning?

This has come up as I'm I've been pricing a flight for later this year and changing the outbound from J to F increases the price by around 500 UK but boosts the Skywards Miles by 12,500 and the Tier Miles by 7,500. The boost in miles means the round trip almost earns enough for an upgrade on the final leg.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.