Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 27, 12, 10:29 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 44
Tier miles for upgrade?

I recently upgraded from Y to J (saver). Before upgrading, the proposed tier miles for Y appeared in my skywards account as future miles. Since upgrading and completing the flight (2 days ago) the miles have disappeared from my account and have not been credited since completion of the flight. The last transaction is a debit for the upgrade award.

Should one still earn tier miles for the purchased flight (Y saver) despite upgrading to J?

The reason I am fretting is because I need these last tiernmiles to go to Gold!
eckhaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 12, 10:32 pm   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: OneWorld Alliance
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 24,827
Assuming you have completed the entire outbound or inbound journey, then you should receive the miles for a saver economy journey
Dave Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 12, 10:36 pm   #3
Moderator, Emirates; Ambassador Team Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Near Boulder, CO
Posts: 3,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckhaya View Post
I recently upgraded from Y to J (saver). Before upgrading, the proposed tier miles for Y appeared in my skywards account as future miles. Since upgrading and completing the flight (2 days ago) the miles have disappeared from my account and have not been credited since completion of the flight. The last transaction is a debit for the upgrade award.

Should one still earn tier miles for the purchased flight (Y saver) despite upgrading to J?

The reason I am fretting is because I need these last tiernmiles to go to Gold!
They should post within 24-hrs of flight completion. The way the system works (for me at least) is that as soon as your ticket is issued, the tier miles for that trip will display on your total tier mile balance (with an asterix) beside the total, which means total tier miles to date (includes flights not flown).

For example, I have a trip beginning this coming Tues. My total tier mile balance already reflects the tier miles for this trip (even though I havent commenced or completed). When I do commence, as soon as I have completed the outbound, the tier mile balance will reduce and reflect actual, and then as soon as I complete the return, the total will go back to where it was - with tier and Skywards miles now reflected in actuals.

Give it a few more days and then if no joy, call Skywards. Or go online and fill out the missing mileage request...
eightblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 12, 10:47 pm   #4
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: OneWorld Alliance
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 24,827
How 8B describes it is pretty similar to what I get ; the tier miles balance takes into account future booked travel ; once 50k is attained it changes to state "Congratulations! You have achieved the required tier miles to renew Gold. " .. One difference is that I only get an asterisk rather than a cartoon character

Has the "you need x tier miles...." value changed on the front page?

If it hasn't credited , I would suggest a quick phone call might be in order
Dave Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 12, 10:51 pm   #5
Moderator, Emirates; Ambassador Team Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Near Boulder, CO
Posts: 3,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
How 8B describes it is pretty similar to what I get ; the tier miles balance takes into account future booked travel ; once 50k is attained it changes to state "Congratulations! You have achieved the required tier miles to renew Gold. " .. One difference is that I only get an asterisk rather than a cartoon character
Very funny. Ok, I was typing quikkly adn am at the Silber Kris lounge in SIN, drinking a bloody mary. Son is on a weekend trip with me - hence the anxiety
eightblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 12, 10:58 pm   #6
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: OneWorld Alliance
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 24,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightblack View Post
Very funny. Ok, I was typing quikkly adn am at the Silber Kris lounge in SIN, drinking a bloody mary. Son is on a weekend trip with me - hence the anxiety
Reads like there have been more than just 1 bloody mary

Dave
Dave Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:43 pm.