A380 First Class Seating

Old Jan 19, 2012, 7:36 am
Original Poster

A380 First Class Seating

Flying from MAN-DXB on A380 First. Currently assigned Seat 1K any good

1A and 2K are already gone, but all other first seats/suite are available.

Please can anyone who has flown the Emirates A380 First advise a good seat.

Also any tips on getting the best from First Class travel.

Thanks All.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
I'd like to know too. I know row 1 is not good as its narrow, and rows 3 and 4 are too loud. So 2A vs 2K?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Skywards Gold, BAEC Silver, SAA Voyager
I personally found row 4 on the A380 very adequate, but then I am not a great sleep onboard!

As for the maximising the experience then remember it will be dine on demand. There is a private (small) 1st class bar at the front of the cabin; however, go and mingle in the business class bar at the back! You can ask the staff to bring you the Dom Perigon from the 1st bar! There is the shower of course, but the MAN-DXB run is not that long. Enjoy the suites, the snacks left for you. The A380 1st experience is something special!
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:58 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I always go for 2K but as that its gone and assuming you want a window seat I would opt for 2A. 1A and K have one less window but more importantly are in line with the curtain through to First Class bar and to the Showers. Row 2 is probably the optimum distance from the galley noise. Flying on EK412 to AKL from DXB next month, just long enough to enjoy the experience! Looking forward to First all the way from GLA on future flights ;-)
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by tgsh2006
I personally found row 4 on the A380 very adequate, but then I am not a great sleep onboard!

As for the maximising the experience then remember it will be dine on demand. There is a private (small) 1st class bar at the front of the cabin; however, go and mingle in the business class bar at the back! You can ask the staff to bring you the Dom Perigon from the 1st bar! There is the shower of course, but the MAN-DXB run is not that long. Enjoy the suites, the snacks left for you. The A380 1st experience is something special!
MAN-DXB is about 7 hours. Long enough I think. Of course in F one would want a 16 hours flight!
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by kulguy
Of course in F one would want a 16 hours flight!
^. Doing DXB-JFK-DXB next week on A380, on 2a and 2K.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by tgsh2006

I've never quite understood the idea of flying in F, and then going back to J to use the bar???

I had a return flight in EK F last year, it was amazing. Nice cabin, great service, amazing suite... So why go to the effort or cost of going upfront, to then go back?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by mclachlan4321
I've never quite understood the idea of flying in F, and then going back to J to use the bar???

I had a return flight in EK F last year, it was amazing. Nice cabin, great service, amazing suite... So why go to the effort or cost of going upfront, to then go back?
Do you never find yourself choosing to go to a slightly less upmarket, but more buzzy and popular bar over a very luxurious but quiet one? I certainly do - sometimes you want quiet, sometimes you want busy. More to look at, for a start

Standing/seating arrangement differences aside, there's going to be almost no-one at the F bar, whereas the J bar is likely to be much more busy at any given time. If you want a drink by yourself, you'd just stay in your suite - but if you want to hang out with other people, you'd go where there are more people. Which is the J bar.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
My vote be be neither the Business bar nor the area at front of First Class (which I believe is no longer being set up as a bar - certainly it was not on my recent flights) but rather being in one of the "Maximum Occupancy 2 persons" shower room with wife or GF and some champagne!!!
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by mrtdxb
My vote be be neither the Business bar nor the area at front of First Class (which I believe is no longer being set up as a bar - certainly it was not on my recent flights) but rather being in one of the "Maximum Occupancy 2 persons" shower room with wife or GF and some champagne!!!
But if you're travelling alone, you would need to go to the Business bar first (or, perhaps, even downstairs? ) in any case before getting to the latter part of your plan
MDFFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 4:37 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by stargold
But if you're travelling alone, you would need to go to the Business bar first (or, perhaps, even downstairs? ) in any case before getting to the latter part of your plan
Fair comment. ^
Old Jan 20, 2012, 5:40 am

Programs: BA, TK, EK
What status do you need to guest a Y/J pax into the Shower?
Old Jan 20, 2012, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the help folks. I thought as much with 1A and 1K being narrow and having less windows. And also noise from the galley.

Anyway, decided on 3K as i want to be sat on the right hand side.

I will certainly use both bars and maybe the shower.

But Dine on demand? So you can eat as often as you like? Surely there must be restrictions.

I know 7 hours isn't that long but it's a trial flight before deciding First for the longer US or Australia routes.

And onwards to BOM on First so will have 3 1/2 hrs at DXB to use in First Lounge in Terminal 3......anyone got experience of do's or dont's here.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by shant
Thanks for the help folks. I thought as much with 1A and 1K being narrow and having less windows. And also noise from the galley.
The galley is to the rear so no issue with noise froim there in 1A/K.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 1:15 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by father_ted
What status do you need to guest a Y/J pax into the Shower?
Royalty status

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.