A380 First Class Seating

Old Sep 28, 2014, 9:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Padmeister
1F is an excellent seat I sat in it dxb-man a few weeks ago.
Ok, but how (if at all) is it different from the other seats?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 12:32 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
I have sat in 1F and 2F (separate flights obviously). I didn't have a tape measure with me but I didn't notice any difference between the seats in size or layout. There are comments that 1A and 1K are narrower as they are affected by fuselage curvature but I think that is pretty minimal tbh.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 12:36 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
I have sat in 1F and 2F (separate flights obviously). I didn't have a tape measure with me but I didn't notice any difference between the seats in size or layout. There are comments that 1A and 1K are narrower as they are affected by fuselage curvature but I think that is pretty minimal tbh.
they are on the a380 not on the 77w
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:30 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Fresh off a bunch of F flights on both aircraft, couple of comments:

A380 showers, room for two?
Loads of room in the suite itself, although mind the underfloor heating - it does get quite hot!
Sufficient room in the actual shower for two, but one of you would need to be sat down on the inbuilt seat. I'm sure you could take up appropriate ahem 'positions'

A380 showers interruptions?
The shower girl is often used to perform other tasks on the aircraft. I had a recent flight ex:MAN with only 5 in the F cabin and only 1 (me) elected to use the shower. Whilst I was in there, both the shower attendant and a cabin attendant waited outside the suite and only moved once I had exited it.
The attendant did spend a lot of time putting together duty free purchase bags and then distributing them further back in the aircraft for a couple of hours during the flight.
I would guess it would be possible on a quieter flight like this for two people to quickly enter the suite whilst the cabin crew and suite attendant are busy elsewhere. Whether you would be met upon exiting the suite is always going to be a gamble......

A380 1F
Not sat in it recently, but it doesn't seem to me to be any different size wise from all other F seats.

777-300ER Seat 1A
Is not narrower than corresponding K seat - it' s no different to K. Sat in 1A twice in last week and the only annoying thing is the noise coming from the forward galley. The purser tends to base themselves on the 'A / C' side of the galley and I feel you tend to hear more phonecalls / instructions / walkpasts down this aisle rather than the 'F / K' side.

FWIW, when I get the choice, I go for 2K on both aircraft.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:53 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Yes, because it's such a wise decision to join the mile high club and disobey instructions of the crew on an airline bearing the UAE flag...
Vessel18 and jdhnyc like this.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
Hi FlyingExplorer

on the outbound I took 2k (Great Seat)

on the inbound I took 1F and I actually preferred it, I am not bothered about windows! half the time you stare at clouds. I know some people can't live without a window seat I am not bothered.

I felt that in 1F I had a tiny bit more legroom I maybe imagining this. I am 6'2 so your probably taller than me. but I was very comfortable indeed cabin crew were amazing. I certainly wouldn't choose 1A or 1K out of choice But First is First so I would be very grateful if I got an op up in to that seat

I would be quite happy to have 1F again that's for sure.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:31 am

I just booked my first EK Suites BKK DXB IAH.

I chose 1EF, the center pair, row 1 BKK DXB
2 EF, DXB IAH. Because this is the longer flight. Most likely, more people would want to use the shower service.
Being in row 2, I assume that the noise from the front of the A380 will be less in row 2.
Does it make any difference at all ?
Your shared experience would be most welcome.
Thanks
Keller281
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by Keller281
2 EF, DXB IAH. Because this is the longer flight. Most likely, more people would want to use the shower service.
Being in row 2, I assume that the noise from the front of the A380 will be less in row 2.
Your shared experience would be most welcome.
Thanks
Keller281
Doesnt make much of a difference really. F Pax are more likely to head to the J Bar at the back( behind the J cabin) than to take a shower.

I have never seen anyone in the so called F bar social area in the front of the F cabin). There is no bartender here anyway, though there is a toilet attendent who hangs around here (purple colour clothes) whose job is to clean the F toilet/shower after each use.

We have travelled on E/F on the 777/380 several times .The only issue mrsukdoctor has with E/F seats in F on the 380 or on the 777 (of course we dont have a choice if travelling together) is the inability to look out through the window.

On the 380 you have the same problem in J as well (E,F) while travelling together and therefore we mostly fly on the 777 in J.

I am quite happy with the E/F seats and its great if you like to sleep/watch movies etc.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Keller281
As ukdoctor has stated, it really doesn't make any difference at all. That way, all the E/F seats on the A380 are good and more or less identical. The only seats I try and avoid are rows 1 (slightly narrow and missing a window) and 4 (too close to the galley and noise).

BTW, there is hardly any noise from the shower in front - you wouldn't even realize if anyone was taking a shower.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by jackiedada
As ukdoctor has stated, it really doesn't make any difference at all. That way, all the E/F seats on the A380 are good and more or less identical. The only seats I try and avoid are rows 1 (slightly narrow and missing a window) and 4 (too close to the galley and noise).

BTW, there is hardly any noise from the shower in front - you wouldn't even realize if anyone was taking a shower.
I was thinking about foot traffic noise. Perfect example is you pointing out the row 4 seats are too close to the galley and noise.
Thanks for the detailed observations.
I so look forward to some pampering. So sick and tired of the bottom feedings on UA, as their 1K.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Is there a difference of 2A v 2K?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Is there a difference of 2A v 2K?
Not really, apart from the obvious.

However, 2A is the unaccompanied minor reserved seat, so you might not be able to select it online, or if you do reserve it (e.g. over the phone), you may be moved.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:13 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Yes, because it's such a wise decision to join the mile high club and disobey instructions of the crew on an airline bearing the UAE flag...
Joining the mile high club should be reserved to when you fly private.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:16 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I'm flying SFO-DXB in a couple weeks and most of the entire cabin is blocked. Flying solo, and the only window seats left are 4AK. 1EF2EF are also free.

- Is the galley proximity going to be a major issue in 4AK? Is it actually set back vs. the 3EF and directly adjacent to the galley?
- 4K says it's an accessible seat, 4A is not. Which is better? What's the difference?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AS MVP
I always select 2K, partly because I am right-handed, and it just feels right. I will say, however, that window seats suffer from the curvature of the A380, which is quite noticeable when sitting - not in a claustrophobic kind of way, but really noticeable. Forget looking out the windows, as they aren't really positioned to easily watch the sky go by (plus, you'll likely want to close the shades within 30-45 minutes after take off).

On my next flight from LAX to DXB, I'll likely select a center seat on the left side of the aircraft (again, the right-handed thing) in the second row. The feeling is much more 'airy' than a window seat - I wouldn't worry about a neighbor, as the dividers are quite substantial.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.