Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Starting in London and finishing in NY

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2011, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Hey - first time flying on emirates and was hoping you guys could help me out with something.

I want to fly
UK - DXB - CPT and then
DAR back to New York

at the moment, this works out far far cheaper if I start and end in NY and buy a separate flight from London to New York, which seems slightly crazy to me. (for timing reasons, I want to get back to NY as directly as possible and do any crazy flights at the beginning of the trip)

Does anyone know away around this? The preferred itinerary is coming out at $10,000 at the moment, versus under 2k for the alternative. will the call centre be able to organize a cheaper fare when they open on Monday?

Responses very much appreciated
Old Oct 23, 2011, 12:53 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Are you looking at economy?
Did you try two one-ways?
Old Oct 23, 2011, 6:15 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by McWager
Hey - first time flying on emirates and was hoping you guys could help me out with something.

I want to fly
UK - DXB - CPT and then
DAR back to New York

at the moment, this works out far far cheaper if I start and end in NY and buy a separate flight from London to New York, which seems slightly crazy to me. (for timing reasons, I want to get back to NY as directly as possible and do any crazy flights at the beginning of the trip)

Does anyone know away around this? The preferred itinerary is coming out at $10,000 at the moment, versus under 2k for the alternative. will the call centre be able to organize a cheaper fare when they open on Monday?

Responses very much appreciated

Was it on the emirates website?.They can have some crazy prices sometimes.It gets a bit confused. Try again after a while using a different browser.

Last edited by ukdoctor; Oct 23, 2011 at 6:31 pm
Old Oct 23, 2011, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

yup economy - 2 one ways came out as each being around the same price as the return
strange one
Old Oct 26, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
EK doesn't publish fares such as what you're looking for, so trying a different browser won't help. You need to start and end in the same country, otherwise prices will be crazy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.