Community
Wiki Posts
Search

duration of Emirates Gold status

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:42 pm
MxC
Original Poster

Programs: LH Senator, United 1K, Delta Silver, Emirates Silver, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
duration of Emirates Gold status

I qualified for an Emirates Gold card in May 2010 and flew them again last month. I was surprised when the person who checked me in told me that i need to do another long-haul with them by May 2011 to re-qualify for Gold.

I fly a lot on Delta, Continental, Lufthansa and if you qualify for elite-status with them, they give it to you the year you qualify, and the next calendar year. Emirates however seems to be following a 12-month rule - since I qualified for Gold in May 2010, i need to re-qualify by May 2011 (and not December 2011 as I thought). Is this a mistake, or does Emirates really follow a 12 month cycle for Elite requalification for 1st timer's?
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
I believe you are right.
I have to check it but I believe Emirates use the 12 Months rule from the date that you achieve the gold status.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
EK has a rolling 12 month cycle by the end of which you need to qualify, however your Gold card is valid 14 months from the month in which you earned it. So you need to requalify by May 2011, but your card would be valid till end July 2011. (It's written at the back of your Gold card)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.