Your Skywards Questions Answered

Old Mar 18, 2011, 7:03 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by blueline7
FT Friends,

I am travelling on an EK F Award Ticket, YYZ-SIN, no stopover.

Flight arrives DXB at 18:35. Flight departs DXB to SIN at 02:45. That's nearly 9 hours...

Wondering if I should get my own hotel room (on points of course...), or whether EK provides a hotel room, meals, etc.

If they do provide, how does one arrange it?

And lastly, will there be a buffet at EK's transit hotel??
If it was me, I wouldn't bother with a hotel. I'd camp in the F lounge in DXB. There's a lot of mighty fine wine's and champagnes which could keep you busy, you could have a decent meal, grab a shower and also find somewhere to have a lie down. Maybe not the same as a hotel bed, but hey you're in F, you can sleep on the DXB-SIN sector. And you wouldn't have to leave the airport - not that it's much of a hassle.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 3:11 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver, Priority Club Platinum
Lounge Access - Emirates Code-Share flight

if you have an emirates ticket in which one of the legs is a code-share flight, as a skywards Silver, shall you be eligible to access the lounge near gate 122 during transit?

Note that on the ticket, the flight number starts with EK, but when the boarding pass is printed, it shows the partner airline's flight number and no invitation is printed.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 7:44 pm

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by Jee Online
if you have an emirates ticket in which one of the legs is a code-share flight, as a skywards Silver, shall you be eligible to access the lounge near gate 122 during transit?

Note that on the ticket, the flight number starts with EK, but when the boarding pass is printed, it shows the partner airline's flight number and no invitation is printed.
NO

But its a grey area inisist on it being referrreed to a gorund CSM and if the lounge is not overflowing he will let you in!

Trul;y Ek is bliss if you are economy pax! I know of no other airline that keeps Y and F elites so happy while killing J This is thier Achiless heel and I predict the source in 4-5 years of the beginning of the end of EK! (just did a paper on it if anyone is interested)
Old Mar 20, 2011, 8:21 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by rathin100
NO

But its a grey area inisist on it being referrreed to a gorund CSM and if the lounge is not overflowing he will let you in!

Trul;y Ek is bliss if you are economy pax! I know of no other airline that keeps Y and F elites so happy while killing J This is thier Achiless heel and I predict the source in 4-5 years of the beginning of the end of EK! (just did a paper on it if anyone is interested)
I am interested. Can you share please? Thanks.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 7:23 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Can you pm me your email please so I can send as attachment
Old Mar 23, 2011, 5:28 am

Programs: Skywards Silver, Goldpoints Silver, CC Gold, Hilton Gold, Le-Club Platin
i am looking for a flight from MUC via DXB to BKK in october. now there are a few online, flex-price, but i am not able to find the booking-class because of a long layover (9h to bkk, 8h from bkk) at DXB.
how do i find out which booking class it will be?
Old Mar 23, 2011, 6:46 am

Programs: Skywards Silver, Goldpoints Silver, CC Gold, Hilton Gold, Le-Club Platin
another question, sorry for that.
i just read at the skywardspage this part:

"Do I have to upgrade all of the passengers in my itinerary, or can I upgrade just one?

When using Skywards Miles to upgrade your booking online, all passengers in your itinerary will be upgraded for the flight(s) you have selected."

does that mean, if i am travelling with a friend which is also in my itinerary, that i have to double the amount of miles?
Old Mar 23, 2011, 7:00 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by finnsch
another question, sorry for that.
i just read at the skywardspage this part:

"Do I have to upgrade all of the passengers in my itinerary, or can I upgrade just one?

When using Skywards Miles to upgrade your booking online, all passengers in your itinerary will be upgraded for the flight(s) you have selected."

does that mean, if i am travelling with a friend which is also in my itinerary, that i have to double the amount of miles?
Only if you do it online, You could do a single person upgrade by calling them.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by finnsch
i am looking for a flight from MUC via DXB to BKK in october. now there are a few online, flex-price, but i am not able to find the booking-class because of a long layover (9h to bkk, 8h from bkk) at DXB.
how do i find out which booking class it will be?
Get onto expertflyer and do a fare search. Compare the one you're getting online with the list on there, and you'll know what fare bucket it is.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 11:45 am

Smile Chauffeur?? Upgrade DXB - SIN??

Hi!
I have 2 questions - I'm hoping to be able to use skywards points to upgrade one leg of my flights - the flight from DXB - SIN - it's not for ages yet but I see that upgrades are available on another flight I have booked at the same time - CGK - DXB - does this mean that it is unlikely that business upgrades will become available for DXB - SIN?

2nd - if I am fortunate enough to bag an upgrade in advance - I won't be able to use the chauffeur service in Dubai, therefore can I use it to take me to the airport for the first leg of my flight - or can it be used once I arrive in Singapore?

Many thanks.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 12:24 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Northumberland Lady
Hi!
I have 2 questions - I'm hoping to be able to use skywards points to upgrade one leg of my flights - the flight from DXB - SIN - it's not for ages yet but I see that upgrades are available on another flight I have booked at the same time - CGK - DXB - does this mean that it is unlikely that business upgrades will become available for DXB - SIN?

2nd - if I am fortunate enough to bag an upgrade in advance - I won't be able to use the chauffeur service in Dubai, therefore can I use it to take me to the airport for the first leg of my flight - or can it be used once I arrive in Singapore?

Many thanks.
Keep checking the upgrade availability. It tends to open up near the time, usually exactly one month or one week.

As for the chauffeur service, you'll only have access to that at Singapore. You won't be able to use it on your flight to DXB.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Mar 23, 2011, 7:36 pm

Hi!

Many thanks.
You can use Chauffeur drive before and after the upgraded leg. So to pick you up in DXB if you want to head out to town, and to drop you off in SIN.

As far as upgrade availability goes, this is notoriously difficult on the SIN sector as premium loads are crazy. The 348 (via Colombo) is easier to get an upgrade on. On the other flights, upgrades are usually available about 2-3 days in advance, if seats aren't sold out at that point.

Keep in mind that from CGK there's a chance of getting stuck on an old J config aircraft.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 5:42 am

Thanks for that Rick
Old Mar 24, 2011, 5:45 am

Ung 1 - Not looking too likely that I will be able to upgrade all 3 of us then! There are 2 flights from DXB - SIn - one leaves sometime around 2;30am and the next one (the one we're booked on) is at 03:30am - I wonder if that makes it more likely?

What do you mean by the old J config aircraft? Really want to upgrade at least 1 of our flights - not really sure what to do now.
Thanks for any info.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 6:41 am

Ung 1 - Not looking too likely that I will be able to upgrade all 3 of us then! There are 2 flights from DXB - SIn - one leaves sometime around 2;30am and the next one (the one we're booked on) is at 03:30am - I wonder if that makes it more likely?

What do you mean by the old J config aircraft? Really want to upgrade at least 1 of our flights - not really sure what to do now.
Thanks for any info.
The only direct flights to SIN are the 404 at 9 am and the 432 at 2 am. There's the 348 at 8 am that goes via CMB. What is your flight number? I suspect you either have a 6 hr layover in CMB or are being routed through Male.

Last edited by ung1; Mar 24, 2011 at 6:49 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.