Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 24, 11, 7:57 am   #61
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by ung1 View Post
The only direct flights to SIN are the 404 at 9 am and the 432 at 2 am. There's the 348 at 8 am that goes via CMB. What is your flight number? I suspect you either have a 6 hr layover in CMB or are being routed through Male.
That's what I initially thought but later in the year there is the 354 departing DXB at 03:25. I suspect that is what the poster is booked on.
ft101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 11, 8:05 am   #62
Moderator, Emirates; Ambassador Team Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Near Boulder, CO
Posts: 3,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
That's what I initially thought but later in the year there is the 354 departing DXB at 03:25. I suspect that is what the poster is booked on.
SIN is getting a 3rd direct flight in the 4th quarter of 2011, departing to DXB sometime after the 405. Word is that it might be an old config - but the powers that be are trying like mad to ensure that wont be the case.

We'll have to wait for Emirates777 to confirm exact details...
eightblack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 11, 8:17 am   #63
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 4,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
That's what I initially thought but later in the year there is the 354 departing DXB at 03:25. I suspect that is what the poster is booked on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightblack View Post
SIN is getting a 3rd direct flight in the 4th quarter of 2011, departing to DXB sometime after the 405. Word is that it might be an old config - but the powers that be are trying like mad to ensure that wont be the case.

We'll have to wait for Emirates777 to confirm exact details...
I didn't realize the flight booked was that far out in advance. Obviously then it's difficult to say what upgrade availability will be like for a flight that doesn't exist yet. But SIN is one of those routes where the F cabin is the first to get sold out, and the Y cabin the last!
ung1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 11, 8:30 am   #64
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by ung1 View Post
I didn't realize the flight booked was that far out in advance. Obviously then it's difficult to say what upgrade availability will be like for a flight that doesn't exist yet. But SIN is one of those routes where the F cabin is the first to get sold out, and the Y cabin the last!
Just checked the whole of November. Reward upgrade to F currently available on every day but to J only on 5 days of the month.
ft101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 11, 10:59 am   #65
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 123
Hi Ung - flight EK354 - leaves DXB 03:25 arrives SIN 14:45 - there is no mention of a layover/stop that I can see!
Northumberland Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 11, 11:01 am   #66
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 123
I hadn't actually realised it was a new route! I learn something new every day!
Northumberland Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 11, 11:09 am   #67
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 123
ft101 - do you mind if I ask you how you managed to check this? I'm not flying until the begining of december - but already at the end of December I can book an upgrade on the flight from CGK - DXB - I'm wondering if I'm not going to get lucky at all on this flight?
Northumberland Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 11, 3:11 pm   #68
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northumberland Lady View Post
ft101 - do you mind if I ask you how you managed to check this? I'm not flying until the begining of december - but already at the end of December I can book an upgrade on the flight from CGK - DXB - I'm wondering if I'm not going to get lucky at all on this flight?
Go to Emirates.com, access Multi City Search and select Yes under Are you a Skywards Member. Log in with your Skywards Number and password. Select Skywards Miles as payment method then enter your route and dates. You can just select the segment you want to upgrade if it makes it easier.

When you press Find Flights it'll display those available. If it shows a Skywards Saver Reward (not a Flex Reward) available in Business Class this means an upgrade reward seat is available (they are the same booking class).

Press Next Day to move through the calendar.

Availability is a bit of a lottery as you're finding out. I booked an upgrade award recently for January 2012 but another for April 2011 only became available 4 weeks ago.

Hope this helps.
ft101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 11, 5:33 am   #69
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Programs: Skyward miles, Privilege club
Posts: 30
EK Status Match With Qatar Airways?

Hi All,

I'm based around the Gatwick area and for the past 5 years have predominantly used Qatar Airways for my flying. I am not a very frequent flyer but have maintained a silver card status with Qatar for the last 3 years.

From 31st May QR, will be cancelling their LGW - DOH route and I am now looking to use another airline. I was wondering if EK will status match the existing status I have with QR if I started flying with them.

I have an old Skywards membership but this has zero miles on it but they still do send me promotional mails.

I want to contact Skywards but first wanted to find out from the knowledgeable people here first of their experiences if any.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in adavance
SonnyCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 11, 12:01 pm   #70
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 123
Yes - that's very helpful - thanks for that!
Northumberland Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 11, 3:26 am   #71
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 12R/30L
Programs: EK Gold| EY Gold|IC RA|Hyatt Diamond|HHonors Gold
Posts: 2,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCash View Post
Hi All,

I'm based around the Gatwick area and for the past 5 years have predominantly used Qatar Airways for my flying. I am not a very frequent flyer but have maintained a silver card status with Qatar for the last 3 years.

From 31st May QR, will be cancelling their LGW - DOH route and I am now looking to use another airline. I was wondering if EK will status match the existing status I have with QR if I started flying with them.

I have an old Skywards membership but this has zero miles on it but they still do send me promotional mails.

I want to contact Skywards but first wanted to find out from the knowledgeable people here first of their experiences if any.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in adavance
Hi SonnyCash, welcome to FT

Yes it is a possibility to be status matched by EK Skywards but nothing is guaranteed, you would usually have to show a prospective travel plan on EK to incentivise them. The link to the thread below explains how to go about contacting Emirates.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...ing-works.html

Good luck
Zol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 11, 3:33 pm   #72
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Programs: Skyward miles, Privilege club
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalid26 View Post
Hi SonnyCash, welcome to FT

Yes it is a possibility to be status matched by EK Skywards but nothing is guaranteed, you would usually have to show a prospective travel plan on EK to incentivise them. The link to the thread below explains how to go about contacting Emirates.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...ing-works.html

Good luck
OK thanks for the help. I'll most definitely try this.
SonnyCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 11, 11:18 pm   #73
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Posts: 690
EK F Toronto - DXB - Full Meal Service/Menu Notwithstanding Night Flight

This flight leaves close to 10 pm from Toronto. Will there be a full menu and full meal services in F, notwithstanding this?
blueline7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 11, 11:33 pm   #74
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 4,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueline7 View Post
This flight leaves close to 10 pm from Toronto. Will there be a full menu and full meal services in F, notwithstanding this?
Yes, this isn't a BA CW sleeper service

Plus it's lunch time for those on the DXB time zone, so obviously they need food.

I mean what if someone who paid $15k is hungry? I know some will say that the bubbly will quench all desires, hunger included, but you never know.
ung1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 11, 11:36 pm   #75
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by ung1 View Post
Yes, this isn't a BA CW sleeper service

Plus it's lunch time for those on the DXB time zone, so obviously they need food.

I mean what if someone who paid $15k is hungry? I know some will say that the bubbly will quench all desires, hunger included, but you never know.
Ha ha!! Good point! Many thanks for the info, Ung1!
blueline7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:51 pm.