Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your Skywards Questions Answered

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2011, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by ung1
The only direct flights to SIN are the 404 at 9 am and the 432 at 2 am. There's the 348 at 8 am that goes via CMB. What is your flight number? I suspect you either have a 6 hr layover in CMB or are being routed through Male.
That's what I initially thought but later in the year there is the 354 departing DXB at 03:25. I suspect that is what the poster is booked on.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 7:05 am
Moderator, Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ft101
That's what I initially thought but later in the year there is the 354 departing DXB at 03:25. I suspect that is what the poster is booked on.
SIN is getting a 3rd direct flight in the 4th quarter of 2011, departing to DXB sometime after the 405. Word is that it might be an old config - but the powers that be are trying like mad to ensure that wont be the case.

We'll have to wait for Emirates777 to confirm exact details...
Old Mar 24, 2011, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
Originally Posted by eightblack
SIN is getting a 3rd direct flight in the 4th quarter of 2011, departing to DXB sometime after the 405. Word is that it might be an old config - but the powers that be are trying like mad to ensure that wont be the case.

We'll have to wait for Emirates777 to confirm exact details...
I didn't realize the flight booked was that far out in advance. Obviously then it's difficult to say what upgrade availability will be like for a flight that doesn't exist yet. But SIN is one of those routes where the F cabin is the first to get sold out, and the Y cabin the last!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 7:30 am

I didn't realize the flight booked was that far out in advance. Obviously then it's difficult to say what upgrade availability will be like for a flight that doesn't exist yet. But SIN is one of those routes where the F cabin is the first to get sold out, and the Y cabin the last!
Just checked the whole of November. Reward upgrade to F currently available on every day but to J only on 5 days of the month.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 9:59 am

Hi Ung - flight EK354 - leaves DXB 03:25 arrives SIN 14:45 - there is no mention of a layover/stop that I can see!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:01 am

I hadn't actually realised it was a new route! I learn something new every day!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:09 am

ft101 - do you mind if I ask you how you managed to check this? I'm not flying until the begining of december - but already at the end of December I can book an upgrade on the flight from CGK - DXB - I'm wondering if I'm not going to get lucky at all on this flight?
Old Mar 24, 2011, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Northumberland Lady
ft101 - do you mind if I ask you how you managed to check this? I'm not flying until the begining of december - but already at the end of December I can book an upgrade on the flight from CGK - DXB - I'm wondering if I'm not going to get lucky at all on this flight?
Go to Emirates.com, access Multi City Search and select Yes under Are you a Skywards Member. Log in with your Skywards Number and password. Select Skywards Miles as payment method then enter your route and dates. You can just select the segment you want to upgrade if it makes it easier.

When you press Find Flights it'll display those available. If it shows a Skywards Saver Reward (not a Flex Reward) available in Business Class this means an upgrade reward seat is available (they are the same booking class).

Press Next Day to move through the calendar.

Availability is a bit of a lottery as you're finding out. I booked an upgrade award recently for January 2012 but another for April 2011 only became available 4 weeks ago.

Hope this helps.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 4:33 am

Programs: Skyward miles, Privilege club
EK Status Match With Qatar Airways?

Hi All,

I'm based around the Gatwick area and for the past 5 years have predominantly used Qatar Airways for my flying. I am not a very frequent flyer but have maintained a silver card status with Qatar for the last 3 years.

From 31st May QR, will be cancelling their LGW - DOH route and I am now looking to use another airline. I was wondering if EK will status match the existing status I have with QR if I started flying with them.

I have an old Skywards membership but this has zero miles on it but they still do send me promotional mails.

I want to contact Skywards but first wanted to find out from the knowledgeable people here first of their experiences if any.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in adavance
Old Mar 25, 2011, 11:01 am

Yes - that's very helpful - thanks for that!
Old Mar 26, 2011, 2:26 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SonnyCash
Hi All,

I'm based around the Gatwick area and for the past 5 years have predominantly used Qatar Airways for my flying. I am not a very frequent flyer but have maintained a silver card status with Qatar for the last 3 years.

From 31st May QR, will be cancelling their LGW - DOH route and I am now looking to use another airline. I was wondering if EK will status match the existing status I have with QR if I started flying with them.

I have an old Skywards membership but this has zero miles on it but they still do send me promotional mails.

I want to contact Skywards but first wanted to find out from the knowledgeable people here first of their experiences if any.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in adavance
Hi SonnyCash, welcome to FT

Yes it is a possibility to be status matched by EK Skywards but nothing is guaranteed, you would usually have to show a prospective travel plan on EK to incentivise them. The link to the thread below explains how to go about contacting Emirates.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...ing-works.html

Good luck
Old Mar 26, 2011, 2:33 pm

Programs: Skyward miles, Privilege club
Originally Posted by khalid26
Hi SonnyCash, welcome to FT

Yes it is a possibility to be status matched by EK Skywards but nothing is guaranteed, you would usually have to show a prospective travel plan on EK to incentivise them. The link to the thread below explains how to go about contacting Emirates.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...ing-works.html

Good luck
OK thanks for the help. I'll most definitely try this.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 10:18 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
EK F Toronto - DXB - Full Meal Service/Menu Notwithstanding Night Flight

This flight leaves close to 10 pm from Toronto. Will there be a full menu and full meal services in F, notwithstanding this?
Old Mar 26, 2011, 10:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by blueline7
This flight leaves close to 10 pm from Toronto. Will there be a full menu and full meal services in F, notwithstanding this?
Yes, this isn't a BA CW sleeper service

Plus it's lunch time for those on the DXB time zone, so obviously they need food.

I mean what if someone who paid $15k is hungry? I know some will say that the bubbly will quench all desires, hunger included, but you never know.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 10:36 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Yes, this isn't a BA CW sleeper service

Plus it's lunch time for those on the DXB time zone, so obviously they need food.

I mean what if someone who paid $15k is hungry? I know some will say that the bubbly will quench all desires, hunger included, but you never know.
Ha ha!! Good point! Many thanks for the info, Ung1!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.