Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your Skywards Questions Answered

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2011, 4:56 pm

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by eightblack
See comments below. In red.
helpful and humorous... You rock!!!! Ill remember that about the onboard supervisor in future most useful.

I do have queries but Ill post them PM
Old Feb 21, 2011, 1:15 pm

Programs: CX MPC GR, EK Skywards BL, QR Privelege Club SL
Could I quickly ask the following:

I've only started flying with EK in Sep 2010 and have joined Skywards, so I'm now a Blue member. However I'll reach 30000 miles by March, will I immediately become a Silver? Or do I need to wait till September because the website says "miles needed to achieve Silver by 30 Sep 2011: 0". And when will the welcome pack be sent to me? Many thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by wtjulianchan
Could I quickly ask the following:

I've only started flying with EK in Sep 2010 and have joined Skywards, so I'm now a Blue member. However I'll reach 30000 miles by March, will I immediately become a Silver? Or do I need to wait till September because the website says "miles needed to achieve Silver by 30 Sep 2011: 0". And when will the welcome pack be sent to me? Many thanks.
You will immediately become silver. Gold will then beckon you on!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Skywards Gold, BAEC Silver, SAA Voyager
When I joined Skywards I went from Blue to Gold in 3 weeks. Think I was Silver for a few days. LHR-AKL return in F. Then BHX-SIN return in J.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 3:47 pm

Programs: EK Gold, *A Gold,CX Gold, 9W Plat,SPG Gold,EY Gold,Hilton Gold
Need CIP status. on Emirates

Hello Buddies,

I am GOLD in Skywards since 2years. I want to have CIP status in my SKYWARDS profile. can anyone help me. I fly Emirates Atleast twice a week. on short haul And Twice a month to Long Haul flights.

Thank You For reading If you have any information please update.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 4:04 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by vishruts
Hello Buddies,

I am GOLD in Skywards since 2years. I want to have CIP status in my SKYWARDS profile. can anyone help me. I fly Emirates Atleast twice a week. on short haul And Twice a month to Long Haul flights.

Thank You For reading If you have any information please update.
Vishruts

Welcome to the EK forum and to FT!

I'm not sure what you mean by CIP. CIP is an industry generic term - meaning "Commercially Important Person" or equivalent.

As a Skywards Gold member, your profile already shows you as a HVC when onboard (on the flight manifest). HVC = High Value Customer
Old Feb 21, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: CX MPC GR, EK Skywards BL, QR Privelege Club SL
Originally Posted by mrtdxb
You will immediately become silver. Gold will then beckon you on!

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Let's hope so haha but I don't think I will as I only actually travel between Europe and Far East Asia 3 times a year (36000 tier miles) Thanks anyway!
Old Feb 22, 2011, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by eightblack
Vishruts

Welcome to the EK forum and to FT!

I'm not sure what you mean by CIP. CIP is an industry generic term - meaning "Commercially Important Person" or equivalent.

As a Skywards Gold member, your profile already shows you as a HVC when onboard (on the flight manifest). HVC = High Value Customer
Hey Buddy,

Thank you for the very quick response i am referring to the Commercially important Person. I want that status in my skywards profile. because of this status i can get complimentry upgrades quickly.

This is what i have come to know that CIP status get u upgraded to the J class frequently. I am looking foward to get that status.

Regards,
Vishrut
Old Feb 22, 2011, 7:47 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Combined Flex and Saver Awards

Sorry if this is a stupid question;

If I combine a Saver outbound and a Flex award inbound, does Skywards average out the points required?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 3:31 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
@vishruts: Are you sure Emirates even has a 'CIP' status?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:06 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by vishruts
Hey Buddy,

Thank you for the very quick response i am referring to the Commercially important Person. I want that status in my skywards profile. because of this status i can get complimentry upgrades quickly.

This is what i have come to know that CIP status get u upgraded to the J class frequently. I am looking foward to get that status.

Regards,
Vishrut
Don't bother - my status was upgraded to CIP through our travel department about 12 months ago when I had not been op uped for nearly three years and a year later still no op ups. I have been Gold consistently for nearly 5 years and achieve well in excess of 100k tier points each year.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 6:52 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by blueline7
Sorry if this is a stupid question;

If I combine a Saver outbound and a Flex award inbound, does Skywards average out the points required?
Any answer to this? I tried a dummy booking and it didn't work out to the average, so I am still wondering what the rule is...
Old Feb 26, 2011, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Any answer to this? I tried a dummy booking and it didn't work out to the average, so I am still wondering what the rule is...
It should be the average, yes.

ETA: What are you getting, if not the average? When you try this on ek.com, it includes the 5% online discount. So it is average - 5% that it gives you, rounded to the nearest 100. Is that what you get? Works the same way for multi class.

Last edited by ung1; Feb 26, 2011 at 7:34 am
Old Feb 26, 2011, 7:29 am
Moderator, Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
It's a good question. I will try and find out for you this week when I am in Dubai. I would have thought that if it can be done, you will be charged the one-way standard and then this would be added to the one-way saver.

Ung1 may know - he's the resident award expert. Wait until he chimes in.

In the meantime, have you tried calling one of the Skywards offices? Try Dubai and see what they say.

Either way, when you do find out, come back and post the answer here.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by mrtdxb
Don't bother - my status was upgraded to CIP through our travel department about 12 months ago when I had not been op uped for nearly three years and a year later still no op ups. I have been Gold consistently for nearly 5 years and achieve well in excess of 100k tier points each year.
Thanks for the help mate.. I will stop bothering.. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.