upgrade chart?

Subscribe
Hi everyone, I am a recent Emirates Gold (based on two round-trip business class flights). I'm interested in using my miles for upgrades. I've looked all over the Skywards site and I can't find a chart that shows how many miles are needed for upgrades! I've also looked this in this forum, but only a few pages back I admit.

Could someone point me to the proper url? I did try to use the "where can I go today" function but it always timed out.

I'm looking in particular at Auckland-Sydney or other Australia destinations (from economy to business), and Auckland-Africa routes.
Birder,

Welcome to the EK forum!

You'll find the info you need here:
http://www.skywards.com/Mileage_Calculator.aspx

You will need 25,000 miles for a return Y-J upgrade (flex ticket) or 32,000 miles if you're on a saver fare for AKL-SYD

The Skywards website should be able to give you all the detail you need.
Quote: Birder,

Welcome to the EK forum!

You'll find the info you need here:
http://www.skywards.com/Mileage_Calculator.aspx

You will need 25,000 miles for a one-way Y-J upgrade (flex ticket) or 32,000 miles if you're on a saver fare for AKL-SYD

The Skywards website should be able to give you all the detail you need.
Actually that's the mileage needed for a return upgrade, but essentially that link should let you look at all the different options.
Quote: Hi everyone, I am a recent Emirates Gold (based on two round-trip business class flights). I'm interested in using my miles for upgrades. I've looked all over the Skywards site and I can't find a chart that shows how many miles are needed for upgrades! I've also looked this in this forum, but only a few pages back I admit.

Could someone point me to the proper url? I did try to use the "where can I go today" function but it always timed out.

I'm looking in particular at Auckland-Sydney or other Australia destinations (from economy to business), and Auckland-Africa routes.
Not as easy as it used to be and not intuitive. You have to log in to your Skywards account then go to Spending miles and then go to "To see where your miles can take you" then enter a start point and select target class of service (Biz in your case) and then a chart will come up. Good luck...
Thanks everyone - that's great. I have enough for two return upgrades on a saver fare, which is all I needed to know!
And now the Fun starts, and thats looking for a Saver Fare
Is it true you can upgrade using from your seat screen during the flight?
Quote: Is it true you can upgrade using from your seat screen during the flight?
No, where did you hear that? Unless this is a new feature that's just been rolled out.

You can upgrade in-flight and the purser has an iPad to process it.
Quote: Is it true you can upgrade using from your seat screen during the flight?
No - but if you have Skywards status, you can request an upgrade on board - the purser has a tablet with your Skywards details and can deduct miles instantly and make the seat assignment.

Technically you need to show the physical card and passport to do this but some pursers do not ask for them (or only the physical card).
Quote: No - but if you have Skywards status, you can request an upgrade on board - the purser has a tablet with your Skywards details and can deduct miles instantly and make the seat assignment.

Technically you need to show the physical card and passport to do this but some pursers do not ask for them (or only the physical card).
I've been asked for the card and passport on each and every occasion this year think 3 times - was a y to j with miles and onboard to F
Quote: I've been asked for the card and passport on each and every occasion this year think 3 times - was a y to j with miles and onboard to F
You booked a Y flight??? Shocked & stunned

S
Quote: You booked a Y flight??? Shocked & stunned

S
Well legs that I could upgrade to J when purchased. Don't worry I'm not planning on flying y anytime soon.
Quote: Well legs that I could upgrade to J when purchased. Don't worry I'm not planning on flying y anytime soon.
I am hoping the upgrade Gods are looking down upon me tomorrow morning in DXB for my flight to GLA otherwise it's down the back again and don't have enogh miles to do a space available upgrade.

S
Quote: I've been asked for the card and passport on each and every occasion this year think 3 times - was a y to j with miles and onboard to F
this is where the skywards luggage tag comes in handy...
Guess they are tightening up on it then!