Guests in Emirates Lounge

Old Aug 17, 2010, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Platinum
Guests in Emirates Lounge

Hi all,

am very new in here, so please don't kill me regarding my question.
I am pretty sure this was already answered, searched for it a while but couldn't find a definite answer.

I am EK Gold member and glad about all the worldwide lounges and regularly making use of it.
I know, I can bring a guest a long with me in the DXB J Lounge with gold. But never used it as I am normally flying alone.

I will have a Y flight soon with wifey (has Family Membership) and wanted to know if I could take her into any other EK lounge as well (e.g. HAM or DUS)?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, MilesandSmiles Elite, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Hi there,

Golds can bring 1 guest into the entire EK lounge network regardless of class of travel.

Cheers,

Christicker
Old Aug 17, 2010, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Platinum
Thanks a lot!
Old Aug 17, 2010, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
What if you are Gold flying in J? Does that have any impact on the number of guests you can bring in?
Old Aug 17, 2010, 1:52 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
No only one, same goes if you are flying F.
Don't forget, they need to be on the same flight. Depending on the lounge dragon (there is an Eastern European one in F who is tough), you can also bring guests in who are not on the same flight.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 8:10 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
What if you are flying F or J and are not Gold (Silver, Blue or non-member), can you bring a guest into the the lounge travelling on same flight but in Y?
Old Aug 17, 2010, 8:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by khalid26
What if you are flying F or J and are not Gold (Silver, Blue or non-member), can you bring a guest into the the lounge travelling on same flight but in Y?
No, only Golds are allowed guests
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:56 am

Programs: Skywards, Flying Blue
Some exceptions

Even though Golds are generally allowed a guest no matter class of travel across the globe, there are some lounges that aren't operated by EK which refuse to grant you that right.

One noteable lounge dragon was in Houston the other day and refused me a guest even though I was Gold and travelling Business!

-BA
Old Aug 24, 2010, 3:08 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
Originally Posted by ayass
Even though Golds are generally allowed a guest no matter class of travel across the globe, there are some lounges that aren't operated by EK which refuse to grant you that right.

One noteable lounge dragon was in Houston the other day and refused me a guest even though I was Gold and travelling Business!

-BA
Of course not every lounge lets you in unless you are flying with that airline or the airline that is affiliated with the lounge.

Or are you saying you were trying to enter the EK affiliated lounge (i.e. run by someone else) with a valid Business ticket and they didnt let you in?
Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
The IAH lounge is a contract lounge shared with QR, so that might explain it.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Pax 1 and 2 fly JFK-DXB in F

Same day:
Pax 1 is in F DXB-MRU and Pax 2 is in Y (same flight)

Is there any lounge which could be used by both pax during the layover in DXB?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by DC777Fan
Pax 1 and 2 fly JFK-DXB in F

Same day:
Pax 1 is in F DXB-MRU and Pax 2 is in Y (same flight)

Is there any lounge which could be used by both pax during the layover in DXB?
I assume that both pax don't have any status on EK. Access to lounges and the ability to guest depends on the flight that you are Departing from DXB. The flight that you are arriving on does not matter.

Though I have not done it myself , others have checked with the lounge agents at DXB and have confirmed that any F passenger is allowed to guest in another passenger into the Emirates F lounge provided that both are travelling on the same flight( irrespective of the status of both passengers)

Warning: AFAIK the above info is not there on the skywards website but is based on the info gathered from other FTers on this forum.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:53 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
I've asked the lounge dragons at the DXB F lounge and they have mentioned that they allow an F pax 1 guest irrespective of the status of either pax, so long as they are on the same flight.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:22 am

can you bring one guest, leave alone maybe 10 min later and bring another one? of course that will only work if the lounge dragon is different.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Miles & More, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by TaipeiWang
can you bring one guest, leave alone maybe 10 min later and bring another one? of course that will only work if the lounge dragon is different.
No, they scan and mark your BP.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.