Guests in Emirates Lounge

Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
That's nonsense. EK does not have a clue on who is still inside. They only log pax going in but there is no exit check. (In fact ,I cant think of any lounge which does an exit check)Unless they have put some miniature tracking device into the boarding pass.

I agree that there should be a check on who is inside and who is outside (for fire regs etc).

Also there are several entrances to lounges.(J lounge in B concourse has at least 3 AFAIK). They do have another layer of dragons doing a secondary check of the BP's at some entrances (if you look dodgy)

I have to admit that its easier for the dragons at outstations to keep track as the pax volumes are lower and there are usually a couple of hours between each EK flight.I have seen them do a manual sweep of the lounge and ask pax which flight they are on so that they can ensure that they are not missing their flight.This is obviously impossible at DXB.
With the greatest respect ukdoctor, what I have said about EK sending warning letters to staff because of pax not getting on flights is not nonsense - I would ask you go and talk to receptionists about that in a quiet moment if you don't believe me. This is the reason why some are reluctant to let you into a lounge that is not on your departure concourse. What happens when a pax misses his or her flight (and yes, I think that at DXB the management policy is quite absurd, considering pax may enter the lounge, leave to go shopping and then go to the gate late missing their flight - it happens) is that if that pax has checked into a lounge before their flight but doesn't show up at the gate and there's no other reason why, management will go back and check to see at which station the BP was scanned at - and the staff member who was logged into that station at the time is going to get a warning on their file. The fact there is no lounge exit check making this policy quite unreasonable doesn't preclude EK from having it...!
Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:13 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
With the greatest respect ukdoctor, what I have said about EK sending warning letters to staff because of pax not getting on flights is not nonsense - I would ask you go and talk to receptionists about that in a quiet moment if you don't believe me. This is the reason why some are reluctant to let you into a lounge that is not on your departure concourse. What happens when a pax misses his or her flight (and yes, I think that at DXB the management policy is quite absurd, considering pax may enter the lounge, leave to go shopping and then go to the gate late missing their flight - it happens) is that if that pax has checked into a lounge before their flight but doesn't show up at the gate and there's no other reason why, management will go back and check to see at which station the BP was scanned at - and the staff member who was logged into that station at the time is going to get a warning on their file. The fact there is no lounge exit check making this policy quite unreasonable doesn't preclude EK from having it...!
I pity the lounge staff. Having to do the impossible.All they need is a BP check on exit and its sorted. Can however backfire as it could hold up pax late for a flight . Time to put trackers in the BP's
Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:21 am

Yes, I think the warning for something they have no control over in these edge cases such as pax have entered the lounge then left and got lost in the airport (that happens more regularly than we might think...) is totally unreasonable...but somehow not so unsurprising. EK is like a massive boarding school!
Old Sep 26, 2016, 4:28 pm

Travelling F with companion in J

No status but traveling through DXB on EK in F. My traveling companion is in J.

I have searched but have not found any policy on guesting into lounge when flying premium cabin with no service.

Any help?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 4:32 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by michaelpowell44
No status but traveling through DXB on EK in F. My traveling companion is in J.

I have searched but have not found any policy on guesting into lounge when flying premium cabin with no service.

Any help?
Unofficially, the rule seems to be that you can guest one person, but only at DXB.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:25 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Unofficially, the rule seems to be that you can guest one person, but only at DXB.
I'm not sure why it's not written down to be honest!

I managed to guest someone in the f lounge on a different flight too recently from the Qatar Airways forum. They assumed he was the platinum member!!! He was dressed much smarter than me 😂😂😂
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:11 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by m3red
I'm not sure why it's not written down to be honest!

I managed to guest someone in the f lounge on a different flight too recently from the Qatar Airways forum. They assumed he was the platinum member!!! He was dressed much smarter than me 😂😂😂
Did they not scan his BP?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Did they not scan his BP?
No, let him in. I used my charm
Old Apr 22, 2018, 10:59 am
Community Director Emerita

What is the current status for being able to guest people into the F lounge in DXB? My husband and I will be in paid F. Our friend will be in Y. Will she be able to join us? We have no Emirates status. Yes, I'm aware that we can buy entrance for her for $200.

What about the spa privilege? Is that restricted to the two of us in the lounge by virtue of our airfare? If my husband wants to gift his treatment to her, can he do so?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
What is the current status for being able to guest people into the F lounge in DXB? My husband and I will be in paid F. Our friend will be in Y. Will she be able to join us? We have no Emirates status. Yes, I'm aware that we can buy entrance for her for $200.

What about the spa privilege? Is that restricted to the two of us in the lounge by virtue of our airfare? If my husband wants to gift his treatment to her, can he do so?
if you are in the same flight no problems whatsoever guesting - they can also use all F privileges including the free spa treatments - I recommend booking in advance so you get the time you desire.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: Qf Platinum
Originally Posted by m3red

if you are in the same flight no problems whatsoever guesting - they can also use all F privileges including the free spa treatments - I recommend booking in advance so you get the time you desire.
Do you get the same F privileges if travelling on a QFF award ticket?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by bhoyinoz

Do you get the same F privileges if travelling on a QFF award ticket?
Yes.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Wish I knew about this. Left my buddy at the Champagne Bar and had me some '12 Amuse Bouche and a nice filet.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:58 pm

Programs: Qf Platinum
Originally Posted by verond
Yes.
Thanks Verond,will make the most of my 7.35 layover.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT
Not sure if/when it changed, but it sure seems like the F+Guest (in DXB, at least) is now documented.

https://www.emirates.com/english/exp...lounge-access/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.