FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Boeing 777-300ER best seats (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1115663-boeing-777-300er-best-seats.html)

PATCH62 Aug 12, 2010 2:14 pm

Boeing 777-300ER best seats

Hello

My 13 year old daughter and I are flying from Birmingham to Colombo (stopover at Dudai) and I have been undertaking extensive research on the internet to identify the ideal economy seats to book on a Boeing 777-300ER. I stumbled across this web site and its very informative however aspects of it are like another language that I don't understand lol.
Our needs are that we: don't want to be served last when the meals are served; don't want to be be interupted or interupt another passenger when getting out of seats; and it would be nice to have a window seat (however comfort is more important); I think extra leg/seat room would be ideal however I bet these seats are already reserved !!

I have seen that there are a pair of seats together near the rear of the plane - has anyone got any comments about these seats.

May I thank you in advance for your time - it is appreciated.

Patch

standoc Aug 12, 2010 6:10 pm

Best seats would be any of the groups of 2 at the back. Only drawback is you might get served food last but who cares on long flights?

irfanjaffry Aug 12, 2010 11:53 pm

As stated by standoc, the last three rows have configuration of 2-4-2. The 2 seats are window seats and will enable you and your daughter to sit together without disturbing others and vise versa. These seats also have some more shoulder/leg space due to the curve at the end of the aircraft. Negative could be that the seats at the back are a little bit more bumpy. Proximity to the galley is also a plus. If you would like to be served first, you may consider asking for a special meal.

PATCH62 Aug 13, 2010 11:28 am

Cheers for the responses

If these pairs of seats are taken at the back what alternatives would you recommend (we are flying with Emirates) -thanks again

maggieomx Aug 13, 2010 11:53 am

Originally Posted by PATCH62 (Post 14470426)
Hello

My 13 year old daughter and I are flying from Birmingham to Colombo (stopover at Dudai) and I have been undertaking extensive research on the internet to identify the ideal economy seats to book on a Boeing 777-300ER. I stumbled across this web site and its very informative however aspects of it are like another language that I don't understand lol.
Our needs are that we: don't want to be served last when the meals are served; don't want to be be interupted or interupt another passenger when getting out of seats; and it would be nice to have a window seat (however comfort is more important); I think extra leg/seat room would be ideal however I bet these seats are already reserved !!

I have seen that there are a pair of seats together near the rear of the plane - has anyone got any comments about these seats.

May I thank you in advance for your time - it is appreciated.

Patch

hiya just to mention i love sitting in these seats as i normaly fly alone and book a window seat right at the back
only the window seats in the rows of 2 seats have a gap between the seat and the window and can make it hard to lean against the window to have a sleep, but the last 2 if you have the window seat you can lean against the wall and sleep great if you have a 2am flite like i normaly have,

malct Aug 13, 2010 12:35 pm

Quite often i have found that you cant book these on line, Unless someone has beaten my to it.
Malc

ung1 Aug 15, 2010 9:16 am

You can request a bulkhead seat at check in. No emergency exit seat if one of the pax is under 15.

Get an aisle and center in the middle 4. Nobody to disturb you, early meal service, but no window.

B747-437B Aug 15, 2010 9:28 am

If you are in one of the last few rows and don't want to be served last, just ask the crew for a meal early and they will happily run you a tray by hand. This only works if you are seated near the back of the cabin because the more people that see it, the more people that demand the same service.