Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Passport check/immigration when transiting in DXB

Old Jun 15, 2010, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

When transiting through DXB, not leaving the airport is their a passport check of some sorts?
Old Jun 15, 2010, 5:52 am

Programs: EK skywards Gold, BA, VS silver
The only time that passports are checked when transiting through Dubai is at the departure gate.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: Skywards, Miles & More, BA Exec Club
There's a check at your gate, hand luggage scanned etc, and then there's the usual last check before you head down the walkway to the plane.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 12:18 pm

Programs: SkyWards Ex Silver & BA
There is no passing through immigration if you are in transit and not leaving the airport, but it is normal for airlines to check your passport and visas are in order before you board your next flight.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 1:49 am

It depends if you are arriving from a destination that produces a high number of people who may require UAE airport transit visas. During the recent UAE-Kenya visa spat, there were UAE immigration officers meeting most flights from Nairobi to verify that the Kenyan passengers had valid visas or airport transit visas before being allowed to disembark.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 8:13 am

Programs: KL Platinum
Are airport transit visas required for DXB then? I've not seen this requirement on the DNRD website unless you wish to actually enter Dubai. A group of us are travelling from the Netherlands to India and merely transiting in Dubai so we assume no visa is required.

Last edited by Victor88; Jun 25, 2010 at 8:20 am
Old Jun 25, 2010, 8:19 am

Programs: KL Platinum
Edited
Old Jun 25, 2010, 8:23 am

Programs: UA-2P .94 MM, AF-S, AA Beggars Class .6 , DL .18, LH-Bier, HH-Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Victor88
Are airport transit visas required for DXB then? I've not seen this requirement on the DNRD website unless you wish to actually enter Dubai. A group of us are travelling from the Netherlands to India and merely transiting in Dubai so we assume no visa is required.
There is a transit passenger area, so you do not need a VISA; based on what I was told. I have not used it myself.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
No visa if you're not clearing immigration.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 4:08 pm

Are airport transit visas required for DXB then?
Only in very specific and limited circumstances.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum
I have PK passport (which requires visa - transit, entry practically everywhere). If I dont need a transit visa via DXB I would doubt anyone else would

Other than that - transit pax leave aircraft and go to the upper floors where they can either exit to baggage claim/immigration (where passports are checked) or reenter the departure lounges (after security check only). No passport check. On your next flight out, the airlines would normally check passports.

Source: numerous transits through DXB.

Also you can access the following visa link to check if your nationality needs transit visa.

http://www.emirates.com/english/plan...uirements.aspx

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.