Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

If we are GOLD and use miles to upgrade from Y to J, and flight is overbooked in J...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If we are GOLD and use miles to upgrade from Y to J, and flight is overbooked in J...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:20 am
Original Poster

If we are GOLD and use miles to upgrade from Y to J, and flight is overbooked in J....

Shall we be moved to F? We are HVC...

Anyone have ever such a fantastic experience?
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ekcrazy
If we are GOLD and use miles to upgrade from Y to J, and flight is overbooked in J....

Shall we be moved to F? We are HVC...

Anyone have ever such a fantastic experience?
I'm sure that's possible, in theory at least, but very unlikely to happen. FYI, all Golds and Silvers are HVC.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 1:31 pm

Programs: pants
redacted redacted

Last edited by roadrunner21; Jun 5, 2011 at 1:01 pm
Old Jun 18, 2010, 9:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Originally Posted by roadrunner21
Can Happen.
The usual flow is, overbooked cabin ... push Golds on Flex, then Silvers on Flex, then Golds on Saver, then Silvers on Saver, then Gold/Silver on upgrades, then the rest

The above is my observation, not EK SOP

Been sent to F on an upgraded ticket in the past, so it can happen
I would be very suprised if they would bump Silver on a Flex before a Gold on a Saver. Anyone seen this in practice???
Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:19 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Yes it is possible. Happened to me recently in March. Was flying with my partner from CHC to BKK. Had Y ticket which we upgraded with miles to J. From CHC to SYD we were in J and then when we were waiting for continuing flight from SYD to BKK lovely lady in EK lounge in SYD came to us and handed us F boarding passes. Great experience. Wish you the same
Old Jun 26, 2010, 2:39 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver, IHC Plat, HERTZ gold, GF Gold, SAS Silver
Happens to me........

It has happened to me several times. Usually BOM-DXB sectors, but also happened on a DXB-LAX..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.