Lost on board

Old May 28, 2010, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, GGL, Virgin Silver, Skywards Platinum, SPG VIP
Lost on board

I left my glasses on board yesterday. I know exactly where I left them and have been trying to track down a lost and found number at EK but have been sent from pillar to post. Was finally given a phone number to call (2062622) which never seems to work.

Very poor job that for Golds the gold desk does not simply take down the details and handle it rather than giving our further numbers to call...
Old May 28, 2010, 11:32 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
I know its a pain - but you're better to call the station manager directly (where you landed) and have them follow this up for you.

As you know, most airlines use contract cleaners and if they are reputable, the cleaners will simply hold all lost and found articles for a certain period before disposing of them.

If you let us know where you landed, one of us will surely be able to get you local contact details for you to call. Good luck.
Old May 28, 2010, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
When I saw the title I though that someone got lost on his/her way from the C bar back to F on the A380. LOL!
Old May 30, 2010, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eightblack
I know its a pain - but you're better to call the station manager directly (where you landed) and have them follow this up for you.

As you know, most airlines use contract cleaners and if they are reputable, the cleaners will simply hold all lost and found articles for a certain period before disposing of them.

If you let us know where you landed, one of us will surely be able to get you local contact details for you to call. Good luck.
It was Dubai. Don't think station manager will help! I did finally get a number that works - its 045057538 for those who may be interested. Not very helpful though - got a disinterested lady who immediately told me nothing had been found. Could'nt help feeling it was a default answer rather than her having actually looked something up.
Old May 30, 2010, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by holtju2
When I saw the title I though that someone got lost on his/her way from the C bar back to F on the A380. LOL!
Old May 30, 2010, 9:31 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Brussels traveller
It was Dubai. Don't think station manager will help! I did finally get a number that works - its 045057538 for those who may be interested. Not very helpful though - got a disinterested lady who immediately told me nothing had been found. Could'nt help feeling it was a default answer rather than her having actually looked something up.
You're right, DXB would have to be the toughest station to have this happen - due to its size. But if it was me, I would fax a one-page letter to every EK fax number I could find (customer affairs, the Gold Desk, the J class lounge, the airport manager etc etc), listing ticket no, seat no, date etc - You get the idea.

If the frames were expensive and replacing the glasses will be a pain, what have you got to lose? I bet they're sitting in a lost property box somewhere...but as time rolls on, your chance of retrieval will diminish.

I've found that persistence often wins. Especially with airlines.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 1:16 am

Programs: Skywards Silver, Goldpoints Silver, CC Gold, Hilton Gold, Le-Club Platin
Originally Posted by holtju2
and i thought of a story compared to "flightplan"
Old Oct 31, 2010, 3:40 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by eightblack
You're right, DXB would have to be the toughest station to have this happen - due to its size. But if it was me, I would fax a one-page letter to every EK fax number I could find (customer affairs, the Gold Desk, the J class lounge, the airport manager etc etc), listing ticket no, seat no, date etc - You get the idea.

If the frames were expensive and replacing the glasses will be a pain, what have you got to lose? I bet they're sitting in a lost property box somewhere...but as time rolls on, your chance of retrieval will diminish.

I've found that persistence often wins. Especially with airlines.
My wife forgot her sunglasses in the seat pouch in the flight into DXB.. We only realised once we landed in our final destination on another connecting flight..
Now, need to find the EK lost and found email id in DXB.. Seems tough to find a sunglass in dubai but no harm in trying..
Old Nov 9, 2010, 11:21 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Just came off a flight last night at DXB. On boarding, the purser took my jacket but never handed back to me on landing and I forgot to ask. Only realised when I was in the Chauffeur car heading home.

Called the Lost & Found office at the airport, they said nothing has been handed over until now (more than 24 hours).

Expect the purser to have handed it to them or the airline should have tried to get in touch. I mean they can trace my details from the seat number and there were only three of us in the F cabin, surely they should've put in a little effort.

So far it looks like there is no hope.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by khalid26
Just came off a flight last night at DXB. On boarding, the purser took my jacket but never handed back to me on landing and I forgot to ask. Only realised when I was in the Chauffeur car heading home.

Called the Lost & Found office at the airport, they said nothing has been handed over until now (more than 24 hours).

Expect the purser to have handed it to them or the airline should have tried to get in touch. I mean they can trace my details from the seat number and there were only three of us in the F cabin, surely they should've put in a little effort.

So far it looks like there is no hope.
oops.. and this experience for a pax travelling in F is IMO:.
any update on it yet.. also is there any email id of the lost and found office ??
Old Nov 18, 2010, 5:00 am
Zol

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
oops.. and this experience for a pax travelling in F is IMO:.
any update on it yet.. also is there any email id of the lost and found office ??
Nothing and absolutely gutted. Have spoken to lost n found, unattended baggage, airport ground staff supervisors, Dubai Airport Police. Nobody was able to help. Finally I contacted customer affairs, let's see what they come up with. I told them just contact the purser and ask him, they said only flight ops have access to that info and they sit at HQ.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 5:15 am

Programs: PC RA, Flying Club Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Same problem with an IPod on EK flight from BHX to DXB - even got the conceirge at the hotel to chase it for me for 4 days in a row! Never seen again.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by huwjames
Same problem with an IPod on EK flight from BHX to DXB - even got the conceirge at the hotel to chase it for me for 4 days in a row! Never seen again.

Nothing and absolutely gutted. Have spoken to lost n found, unattended baggage, airport ground staff supervisors, Dubai Airport Police. Nobody was able to help. Finally I contacted customer affairs, let's see what they come up with. I told them just contact the purser and ask him, they said only flight ops have access to that info and they sit at HQ.
this is really funny and seems EK has a problem managing this lost and found.. if pax in F have this problem, what can i expect for folks travelling in J and Y
Old Nov 19, 2010, 2:26 am
Zol

Originally Posted by abhilife2001

this is really funny and seems EK has a problem managing this lost and found.. if pax in F have this problem, what can i expect for folks travelling in J and Y
Funny thing is if I had been travelling in Y, I wouldn't have had this issue as I would have just kept the jacket on me !!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Funny thing is if I had been travelling in Y, I wouldn't have had this issue as I would have just kept the jacket on me !!
Even when in Y I request the crew to hang my jacket in the cupboard. Only once was there a problem, when they didn't return it and couldn't find it when I asked for it. I had to plonk myself in the J cabin while the sorted it out, in the mean time the entire aircraft had deplaned.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.