Customer Affairs-No response

Old Feb 23, 2010, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier Plat, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
Customer Affairs-No response

In 2008, I flew HKG-BKK-DXB in C.

Long story short: After dinner on board HKG-BKK, wife and I vomited, I did it right in my seat and my wife made it to the bathroom. Wrote EK 2 weeks after trip, got a letter back with a case number 5 months after, saying that I will be contacted after investigation. Didn't remember to follow up until recently during cleanup of my office. Wrote them again to see what's up 4 weeks ago by faxing to the NY office-still no response. What the heck?
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Gold
Are you sure it was the EK food? Was anyone else in the cabin sick? Maybe it was something you'd both eaten in HKG? Still no excuse for the delay in replying though.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 2:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
for EK not replying quicker with out come,

However is is now 2010-- move on as I highly doubt you will get an resolution on something this old..... If you do please let us know!

I agree with Tibs94 would think it could not be the food that quickly --
Old Feb 24, 2010, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier Plat, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
Originally Posted by yyzlhr
for EK not replying quicker with out come,

However is is now 2010-- move on as I highly doubt you will get an resolution on something this old..... If you do please let us know!

I agree with Tibs94 would think it could not be the food that quickly --

As I recalled, we haven't eaten anything at least 4 hours prior to boarding. I would have let go of this if it's not because I found this letter sitting there after all this time without a proper response-this is my first and only complaint to EK and it got bungled, I can't imagine what happens for other more serious issues.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:10 am
JGX

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Skywards Gold, BA Gold, SPG Gold, HiltonHonors Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by eddie1973
As I recalled, we haven't eaten anything at least 4 hours prior to boarding.
In that case, I'd say it's almost certainly not the EK food.

This is the official UK guidance on food poisoning incubation times:

It may not be due to your last meal
Very often, people suffering from suspected food poisoning feel sure that the cause is the last meal eaten, especially if this happens to be a meal at a restaurant or takeaway.

But, food poisoning bacteria take quite a long time before actually making you ill. Usually between 12 -48 hours but sometimes longer. So it is more likely that the cause of the illness is something eaten the previous day or even 2-3 days earlier. Some illnesses can take up to 11 days before you show any symptoms.

The symptoms of food poisoning can vary but generally include some or all the following:

Diarrhoea
Vomiting (sickness)
Nausea
Fever
Headaches
Stomach pains
Regards,

JGX
Old Feb 24, 2010, 12:53 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by eddie1973
In 2008, I flew HKG-BKK-DXB in C.
Dude, let it go. Move on. If it was really important, then you wouldn't have forgotten back then. Hug your wife. Hug your kids. Be grateful it wasnt anything more than simple food poisioning.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.