Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2010, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Emirates miles

hello fellows...i am in need of 4,000 emirates miles to upgrade a sector of my flight to business class...i know that lots of people travel a lot and never really use their miles...or have too many miles, etc. etc....so any kind fellow willing to give away 4,000 miles to me? i shall be eternally grateful. And if someone is willing to sell them to me at a decent price instead of giving them away, I guess that's understandable...in that case too please contact me with your offer. cheers
Old Feb 13, 2010, 4:10 pm

No one will be able to give you the miles you're after, because with Skywards you can not transfer between accounts.

4000 miles are worth 100USD, you can buy them from Skywards.
Otherwise, the rules here are that you can't post offers for buying/selling miles/awards.
There is a section on flyertalk where you may be able to do that, but you would need to have contributed like 100 posts and 3 months. Not sure what it's called.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

i am sure that it's possible to transfer miles between skywards accounts
Old Feb 13, 2010, 6:17 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Kindly refrain from asking people to sell miles to you.
This is not allowed per FT rules.

Here is the link to buy miles from Emirates ...as edy4eva mentioned, it will cost you 100$.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 6:43 pm

Programs: Skywards, Velocity Rewards
A Skywards member can purchase or be gifted by another member up to 25,000 miles per year.

Doubt that a stranger would just give away their hard-earned miles to you, though, allthatjazz, even if it weren't against the rules here on FT.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by 17thousandkm
A Skywards member can purchase or be gifted by another member up to 25,000 miles per year.

Doubt that a stranger would just give away their hard-earned miles to you, though, allthatjazz, even if it weren't against the rules here on FT.
I looked at gifting miles a while back and from what I remember you can buy miles for somebody elses account up to the 25,000 limit, not move your miles to thier account. I hope you get sorted.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 8:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by EK247
I looked at gifting miles a while back and from what I remember you can buy miles for somebody elses account up to the 25,000 limit, not move your miles to thier account. I hope you get sorted.
+1. And no one is going to buy $100 worth of miles for you, so you could look into doing it yourself.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 12:06 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
Originally Posted by allthatjazz
i am sure that it's impossible to transfer miles between skywards accounts
Old Feb 14, 2010, 12:45 am

Programs: EK
you can gift upgrades to other members, so you would have to have the entire amount to do the full upgrade and then give to someone else. but you can't just transfer 4K.

i've done it with my grandma's acct, where i purchased extra miles and upgraded myself goin back to jfk.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by GigoloArt
i am sure that it's impossible to transfer miles between skywards accounts
In Skywards FAQs it states:

Can I transfer Miles from my account to another member so they can redeem a reward?
No. As per the terms and conditions of the Skywards program, Miles cannot be transferred between accounts.

However, on the Purchase Miles page it states:

Gift Miles

You can also give fellow Skywards members the ultimate gift - freedom of choice! Whether it be free travel, upgrades, cruises or any number of our leisure and lifestyle products, by giving the gift of Skywards Miles...

Then there's a section to fill out if you wish to "gift" miles.

Last edited by 17thousandkm; Feb 14, 2010 at 1:33 am
Old Feb 14, 2010, 4:04 am

Programs: EK
ok lets see..

edy4eva.. 744 posts.

you.. 1

GTFO panhandler.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 4:43 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
Originally Posted by 17thousandkm
However, on the Purchase Miles page it states:

Gift Miles

You can also give fellow Skywards members the ultimate gift - freedom of choice! Whether it be free travel, upgrades, cruises or any number of our leisure and lifestyle products, by giving the gift of Skywards Miles...

Then there's a section to fill out if you wish to "gift" miles.
Yes exactly, you can purchase with your own miles a gift for someone else, regardless it is a toy or an upgrade for allthatjazz.

But it still does not say that you can transfer points, does it? If so, please let me know so we can start to pool!
Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:27 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
...i know that lots of people ...[or] have too many miles, etc. etc....
Hahaha. I can just see it now. New Thread

"Help! I have too many miles. Can someone please take them off my hands!"

In all seriousness though, $100 isn't too bad if the 4,000 get you enough miles for an upgrade. Make sure to check for availability first though before paying for them.

Cheers,
Old Feb 14, 2010, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by GigoloArt
Yes exactly, you can purchase with your own miles a gift for someone else, regardless it is a toy or an upgrade for allthatjazz.

But it still does not say that you can transfer points, does it? If so, please let me know so we can start to pool!
No it doesn't. You are correct. Just took a while for the penny to drop for me!

So I take it there's no point asking you for some points for my next upgrade then?
Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:21 am

I need 45K miles for my next TATL... c'mon guys, I know someof you Golds are sitting on big bank of miles... we need a little charity in this world!

...joking of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.