Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Rude Emirates Ground staff at Auckland airport- Be careful next time you fly Emirates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rude Emirates Ground staff at Auckland airport- Be careful next time you fly Emirates

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2009, 3:06 am

Programs: qantas ff,,emirates skywards
Emirates limit per bag is 32kg per bag as previous statyed it is on there web site and in there terms and conditions i found emirtates staff to be good and qantas t be good when i have been over the limit but not over 32 kgs (ohs issue)
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:56 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by Sid_au
Emirates staff at Auckland airport are shockingly rude. I will leave a detailed feedback about my check-in experience today on EK413 flying AKL-SYD. However, I wonder if this will really help airline take remedial actions to improve its image and customer satisfaction experience. My checked in baggage was only 3 kgs more than the allowed airline allowance of 30 kgs. I was subjected to more than an hour of harrasment and rude behaviour by the ground staff of airline and it's agent, even to the extent of threatening me to stop board the flight when I said that I will voice my concerns to the media about airlines such policy. All this happened inspite of the fact that my carry on baggage was way less than the allowed allowance. Ultimately I flew with the same baggage by moving 2 kgs from my checked in baggae to the hand bag. I very much wonder if it is Emirates policy to be spot on accurate with the checked-in baggae allowance without proper training /instructions to its ground staff to use their common sense and discretion in certain matters like the one in my situation today. I must say that in my over 35 years of flying experience this one was the most horrible one and that too with an airline claiming to be an aviation leader.- Very unhappy passenger at seat 60A.
If in 35 years of flying this has been your "most horrible" experience, then you have led a charmed life!

There is no reason for the airlines to let you fly with excess luggage. Sometimes they may, and I have personally benefitted from such leniency in the past, but one shouldnt take it for granted, or even hold it against them.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 6:21 am

Programs: Skywards, KrisFlyer
[QUOTE=Sid_au;12669428] I said that I will voice my concerns to the media about airlines such policy.

I look forward to this being headline news in NZ. Please forward me the link when it appears
Old Oct 21, 2009, 6:23 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Anyone take me up on a bet that we'll never hear from the OP again

Cheers,
Rick
Old Oct 22, 2009, 12:15 am

Actually, my wife flew AKL - BNE last Sat night, and she rang me from the terminal telling me how rude the staff at check in were.
She is not a whiner nor complainer when it comes to travel, even declining to use points for a Y-J upgrade on her flight.
She has flown extensively and this is the first time she has ever said anything to me, so the OP is not alone in his observations.
For the record, she did not have overweight bags, but asked for a change of seat. She has no status in Skywards.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 1:56 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
I have not flown out of AKL on EK - but the CHC EK ground staff are outstanding.

I have flown very frequently SYD CHC SYD in both Y and J cabins, and always found the staff to be outstanding.

Recently I flew J with 2 large bags - totally 47kg - 7 kg over my allowance - nothing was said.

Another trip on a very cheap $88 AUD fare - I had a large box - oversize - my total luggage came to 29.5 kg - within the Y allowance - and the way i was dealt with (for the large box) was fantastic. The Check in agent explained that EK would not be liable for damage etc, the item was fragile, she applied fragile stickers - made me sign a disclaimer - and was excellent to deal with.

Considering a freight company wanted $1200 for this item - to have it shipped as part of my allowance was awesome.

For the record - it arrived safely in SYD no breakages. The Dnata ground staff in SYD were great, I was speaking to an older gent who spent many a year in a QF cabin as a Cabin Manager.

Maybe it is just 1 particular staff member at AKL who is being unpleasant, but then I would not want to do their job and deal with some of the more unpleasant members of the traveling public.

Adam
Old Oct 22, 2009, 2:02 am

Programs: Skywards
I agree with all who came up with the fact that what airline staff did at the check-in desk was as per their policies, but there is absolutely no justification of them being rude. Even if they are contracted-company's staff, the damage with their attitute is always attributed to the airline they are working for at that time. There is same concern at the Frankfurt airport. Emirates has troubled me so many times with the delayed-luggage problem but the staff at Frankfurt is always strict by weighing the checked baggage as well as carry on bag. I never have to adjust mine but have seen so many people transferring stuff from one bag to another and on top being shown attitute by the check-in staff. Passengers do have to abide by the rules but having their own house in so much mess regarding the baggage transfer and delivery, the least Emirates can do is to be polite.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 2:10 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Wish my Bank would give me 3K Extra Free when I deposit 30K
Old Oct 22, 2009, 2:16 am

Programs: NZ , QF , MK
Originally Posted by irfanjaffry
I agree with all who came up with the fact that what airline staff did at the check-in desk was as per their policies, but there is absolutely no justification of them being rude.
I agree with you that there is no* justification for airline staff being rude , but we have absolutely no evidence of rudeness .

In spite of the OP having said that he would leave 'a detailed feedback' his post is actually very lacking in detail . He has not specified what this 'rudeness' or 'harassment' actually consisted of , all we know is that he tried to check in with baggage which was outside both the airlines own limits and Occupational Health and Safety legal limits , and that he took exception to the way in which the staff handled the situation . Unfortunately we do not know exactly what he took exception to since he didn't bother to tell us , I also suspect that we will never find out since I doubt very much if the OP will ever submit a follow up post .

*Actually , it would be more truthful if I said that I believe there is little justification rather than no justificiation ... I am sure that there is one customer , once in a while , who frankly deserves to be shot down in flames without mercy .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.