Raffle for a pair of J tickets

Old Jun 18, 2011, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Raffle for a pair of J tickets

hi,

I was thinking of trying this out? anyone on the forum lucky enough to have actually won?

rgds,
fky hi
Old Jun 19, 2011, 5:27 am
Original Poster

wow! no one!
Old Jun 19, 2011, 2:17 pm

Well.. it's the first time I'm seeing this raffle, and I don't know how long it has been ongoing.. it seems to be the same scam as those TV shows call-in's, when 100 people or so participate it's already worthwhile for the organiser.

If EK at least would publish the amount of entries into the game, or/and the winners (even if anonymous) then it might have some credibility, but how should we prove anything this way? 10x of that game will already get you an upgrade on a mid-haul..
Old Jun 19, 2011, 2:56 pm

The winners are announced each month on the Skywards website.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
The winners are announced each month on the Skywards website.
yes, but to know how big the chance is to win, to know the amounts of entries would be useful too. If there are, say, 100 entries each month, it might seem half fair to play the gamble. If there are 10000 entries, it would be lunatic..
Old Jun 19, 2011, 8:13 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
yes, but to know how big the chance is to win, to know the amounts of entries would be useful too. If there are, say, 100 entries each month, it might seem half fair to play the gamble. If there are 10000 entries, it would be lunatic..
One might take the view though that if they had miles about to expire or not enough miles to get an award and no hope of getting more (and no desire to buy any extra), that chucking them into even a long shot raffle at poor odds was better than the other options - expiration, Emirates High Street or Donation to Emirates charity.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, BA
I had about 3,000 orphan miles in my account that were set to expire last year. Used them to enter the raffle, and was quite surprised to actually win! Got my first taste of flying in J, that too on the A380. Was quite an experience.
The only time I ever won anything online!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:03 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Wow!
That's amazing, congrats!

So where did you go with your ticket?

Perhaps you should join the Qatar airport lottery for $1!
Old Jun 30, 2011, 9:09 am

Programs: AA, Delta, BA
Originally Posted by lsed
Wow!
That's amazing, congrats!

So where did you go with your ticket?
Thanks! It sure was amazing.
I needed to go to Nepal, but Emirates doesn't fly there so went to DEL and then hopped on to KTM.

Originally Posted by lsed

Perhaps you should join the Qatar airport lottery for $1!
Ha. I think it was a one off gift from lady luck. Haven't won anything since.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.