Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Special notice to travelers to Uman

Special notice to travelers to Uman

Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by Ditto
What is wrong with sending a carton box as checked-in luggage?

When I was living in Israel for a bit, I used to bring cases of Diet Dr Pepper and Cherry Coke Zero back to hoard in my office. I once got stopped in customs and the customs agent figured that since nobody in their right mind checks in cans of soda, I must be smuggling something in them. So he opened one up and I challenged him to drink it. He downed the whole can and admitted that they didn't have such good soda in Israel
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by damaxer91
When I was living in Israel for a bit, I used to bring cases of Diet Dr Pepper and Cherry Coke Zero back to hoard in my office. I once got stopped in customs and the customs agent figured that since nobody in their right mind checks in cans of soda, I must be smuggling something in them. So he opened one up and I challenged him to drink it. He downed the whole can and admitted that they didn't have such good soda in Israel
They finally do! New makolet opened near us in some new apartment buildings, specializing in French and American products
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by joshwex90
They finally do! New makolet opened near us in some new apartment buildings, specializing in French and American products
For 12 Shekel a can?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
For 12 Shekel a can?
Considering their imported products (and special imports, not mass imports,) actually decent prices. I don't drink soda anymore, so didn't really look. But under 10 shek
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: AA EXP
I brought out of Israel cases and cases of "black beer" (a local non alcoholic malt)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.