Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

5 Hours and 15 Minute Wait Time

Old May 10, 2017, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot

Today I tried to buy a ticket on LY on their website for an employee of mine using my credit card. Not surprisingly, given the crappy LY website, it didn't work. They said they were holding my fare for an hour and that I should call the call center with the confirmation code.

So I called the call center in Israel (the Hebrew line). A recording told me that wait times were longer than normal and that I should press a button and have them call me back to the same number. Thinking this was better than waiting on hold, I agreed.

Several hours later when I still hadn't heard from them, I bought the same ticket through Expedia. Five hours and 15 minutes after my original call to the LY call center, someone finally returned my phone call! Honestly, I don't know how LY can think it's ok to run a business like this!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.