Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

New Bus Route Jerusalem-Ben Gurion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Bus Route Jerusalem-Ben Gurion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: SPG Gold
On the website bus.gov.il which is the official ministry of transport website for bus routes.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 12:44 pm

Interesting list of stops. They are NOT near hotels where you will find tourists. By the time a tourist takes time to figure out a way to the bus stop--it is almost the same cost to just take Nesher.

BTW I rode the 480 from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem last week. Instead of just pulling to the side of the road for the Mevesseret stop it actually got off the highway and then back on. No one got off OR got on. This takes longer than it used to.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:08 pm

Better price then a sherut .
But I dont know if it would really be faster.
Id also be curious to see how they would have enough space for luggage and hand luggage etc for all passengers.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by simba8
Id also be curious to see how they would have enough space for luggage and hand luggage etc for all passengers.
Busses tend to have quite a big baggage bins, it is not really any different than an organized tour bus picking up 60 tourists with all their luggage.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 12:11 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
I'm kind of surprised that nobody has invented private airport buses like they have in a lot of other countries. An "easy bus" from the airport to the main tourist hotels in Jerusalem plus a few residential area stops would have to be a no-brainer.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by NYTA
I'm kind of surprised that nobody has invented private airport buses like they have in a lot of other countries. An "easy bus" from the airport to the main tourist hotels in Jerusalem plus a few residential area stops would have to be a no-brainer.
Unlikely they would have been allowed. Nesher have a monopoly.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by NYTA
There is flo Shuttle from Ben Gurion to Tel Aviv, but the law in Israel states that these services cannot collect cash from passengers, so must be pre-booked.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Better price then a sherut .
But I dont know if it would really be faster.
Originally Posted by Ditto
Busses tend to have quite a big baggage bins, it is not really any different than an organized tour bus picking up 60 tourists with all their luggage.
Is there a limit of pieces per passenger? Can I bring 2 cases and a hand luggage?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 6:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Used the bus today. Departs from and arrives at level 2, (the level under the check-in level), which is also where other public transport goes from, and all non airport-licensed taxis pick there pax up from.
At entry to airport, passengers must alight and identify their pieces of luggage.
10 people on journey to airport at 9am, 15 on return at 11am.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by benberg2013
Used the bus today. Departs from and arrives at level 2, (the level under the check-in level), which is also where other public transport goes from, and all non airport-licensed taxis pick there pax up from.
At entry to airport, passengers must alight and identify their pieces of luggage.
How long was the ride?
Was their wifi?
And to answer your own question- Is there a limit of pieces per passenger? Can I bring 2 cases and a hand luggage?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 11:18 am
Suspended
Original Poster

How long was the ride?
Was their wifi?
And to answer your own question- Is there a limit of pieces per passenger? Can I bring 2 cases and a hand luggage?

On outbound, ride was around 45 mins from outside tachana merkazit to T3, including a stop at T1 (where no-one got off). And the same, returning from T3 to Binyanei Hauma via T1.
Wifi - didn't use it.
I didn't ask about luggage policy, but there didn't seem to be any-one checking how much each passenger brings. If the route would become very popular, and problems of too much luggage would arise, I would expect maybe then for limits to come into effect, but so far, the route doesnt look busy at all.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: U.S. Airways
After some reading, is it quite assured that there will be no operation of the route 485 during Sabbath? I am arriving in TLV by CX675 which arrival at 7:40 am on Saturday, does that mean literally I have only gotten sherut (shared taxi) left to choose for Jerusalem?

Cheers!
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: United 1K, EL AL Silver
Originally Posted by eqfreq
After some reading, is it quite assured that there will be no operation of the route 485 during Sabbath? I am arriving in TLV by CX675 which arrival at 7:40 am on Saturday, does that mean literally I have only gotten sherut (shared taxi) left to choose for Jerusalem?

Cheers!
Correct.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by eqfreq

Cheers!
Nesher (the shared taxi), private cab, or car rental. There is no public transportation of any kind on the Sabbath at TLV airport or in Jerusalem.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Also took it last week to the airport at around 14:00; the ride took roughly an hour (there were two car accidents on route 1). Overall, great service; we did not have to identify our luggage or get out of the bus, an agent swept across it and that was all (we did have to wait 10 minutes until he arrived though). As for luggage - I asked the driver to put my trolly at the luggage hold but he insisted I take it onboard the bus; "there's enough space", he explained

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.