Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Pilot Disruptions - Here We Go Again

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pilot Disruptions - Here We Go Again

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:02 am

Okay, so let me understand. They are over 65 so they can't fly and don't like the idea that ElAl doesn't want to pay them a full pilots salary if they aren't flying. AND the younger pilots are all so "mentally stressed" over this that they feel "unfit" to fly. I find that astonishing.

Also, if this level of "mental stress" makes them unable to fly what happens if, G-d forbid, there is a real emergency on board during a flight-- will their stress make them incapacitated. ( and aren't these the same guys who fly in the air force. Why do I think if they were Pinocchio, overtime they spoke of mental stress their noses would be getting longer and longer!)
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Pretty pathetic, no other way to look at it. I do agree that after decades of service, the company should definitely see them through till the official retirement age of 67 -- but obviously compensation should fall in line with their new positions for the next 2 years and not what once was in the "good old days" as full-fledged pilots.

Also -- just noticed that tomorrow's Beijing-TLV was cancelled, and this being after the court decision (or is that simply because today's TLV-Beijing didn't go out?).

Last edited by moe8555; Feb 6, 2017 at 10:55 am
Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Got my answer from El Al's Facebook:
לקוחות יקרים,

לצערנו טייסי אל על החליטו להתעלם מצו בית משפט,
הערב נאלצה החברה לבטל את טיסה 075 להונג קונג וטיסה 076 חזרה
וכן את טיסה 095 לבייג׳ין וטיסה 096 חזרה, עקב אי היענות הצוותים לאייש את הטיסות.

אנו מתנצלים על הפגיעה בלקוחות ופועלים למצוא להם פתרונות.

The pilots have gone vigilante!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.