Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B6 to LY connection at Logan

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:32 am
Original Poster

B6 to LY connection at Logan

LY sells a single ticket with a 1 hour 38 minute connection time (B6 1526 arrives 1922 to LY 16 departing at 2100) at Boston Logan. It looks to me like B6 arrives at Terminal C, and LY departs from Terminal E.

The next earlier B6 flight (126) arrives Logan at 1537 and would result in about a 5.5 hour connection time.

Is the shorter connection time reasonable? I would not have thought so, but it is offered as a single ticket on the LY website.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:49 am

The minimum connection time Domestic to International in BOS is 60 minutes, and for LY it is 90 minutes, I would imagine that is due to extra security at the gate?

Strictly speaking getting from one terminal to the other will not take you more than 15-20 minutes of slow walking.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:39 pm

Based on what Ditto wrote above, it seems you are cutting it very close. What happens if the first flight is delayed on arrival. Personally, I'd rather take the earlier flight and hang out than miss my flight to Israel. LY does't even do it every day.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: DL SM, HH Silver, SPG Gold
FYI, terminals C and E are connected post-security (except for gates C40-42 used by Alaska, Virgin America, and Sun Country; there is no Terminal D). The only way you know you've walked from one to the other is a line on the floor -- Walking from C to E you pass gates C10, C9, C8, E1, E2, E3 all sharing one concourse. Domestic-domestic and domestic-international connections don't require re-clearing TSA security any more.

Also, in my personal experience, LY 16 departure usually occurs at gates E1 or E2 (former E1D/E1E?) which are right at the terminal C/E "border" described above.

That being said, I would also choose the earlier B6 flight and longer layover at BOS rather than chance having to wait 48-72 for the next LY 16 flight.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:09 am
Suspended

A friend who flew JFK-BOS-TLV called me from BOS and said he had to claim his bags and exit the term and go over to the term LY uses and check-in as if he starting in BOS
Old Dec 15, 2016, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by thevantz
LY sells a single ticket with a 1 hour 38 minute connection time (B6 1526 arrives 1922 to LY 16 departing at 2100) at Boston Logan. It looks to me like B6 arrives at Terminal C, and LY departs from Terminal E.

The next earlier B6 flight (126) arrives Logan at 1537 and would result in about a 5.5 hour connection time.

Is the shorter connection time reasonable? I would not have thought so, but it is offered as a single ticket on the LY website.
how do you get flights with connections to show on LY's website? I see an itinerary on google flights but aa.com wont show it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.