Community
Wiki Posts
Search

End of wet leases near?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

End of wet leases near?

According to Rotter (Hebrew only), the first HiFly A330 left TLV on its way to its owners. Tonight's YYZ will be operated by another HiFly 330, but starting December 4th ElAl will use its own 767 on this route.

The news item claims that ElAl now operated only two leased widebodies, a HiFly 330 and a Privilege Style 777.

Shuly
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:43 pm

I was notified that the TLV-YYZ flight would indeed be an LY plane and not HI Fly.

I spoke to the TLV 1800-#was transferred 2x and spoke with someone who seemed surprised, and somewhat 100% unsure (though sympathetic) , even though the system did show it.(my booking shows it as well). But without an agreement still in place, lets see if the pilots and LY are turning the page- OR if this is just more of a political game, where LY shows good will, and the pilots find a reason not show up for the flight- and screw all the passengers.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by shuly
Tonight's YYZ will be operated by another HiFly 330, but starting December 4th ElAl will use its own 767 on this route.
So out with the c**** leased aircraft and in with the C**** LY aircraft...

Getting rid of the leased aircraft is part of the pilots demands, and which they will not sign the agreement without.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.