Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hi Fly for EL AL?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 6:02 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Flew LY318 on 29 April operated by hifly aircraft CS-TFX. I have to say... LY really stink in comparison to hilfy. Their business class seats are much better, with an onboard bar a-la-VX that they manned through the flight even though it is not part of LY's service protocol. And even their economy class is much better than LY's...

I now hope that my future flights will be operated by hifly as well...
Old May 4, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
I thought part of the agreement with the striking pilots was that they wouldn't operate more flights using other carriers?
Old May 4, 2017, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
It was part of the agreement yes, but LY claim this was done in coordination with the pilots.
Old May 5, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: EL AL Gold, BA Gold, LH M&M
Originally Posted by gordo6
Flew LY318 on 29 April operated by hifly aircraft CS-TFX. I have to say... LY really stink in comparison to hilfy. Their business class seats are much better, with an onboard bar a-la-VX that they manned through the flight even though it is not part of LY's service protocol. And even their economy class is much better than LY's...

I now hope that my future flights will be operated by hifly as well...
interior pics:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Hi-Fl...1fWCQyTQ%3D%3D

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untit...1fWCQyTQ%3D%3D
Old May 7, 2017, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
That actually looks pretty decent. Thought I was looking at a VS Upper Class cabin for a moment.

This is definitely not the same aircraft they were using previously.
Old May 7, 2017, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by clubman
That actually looks pretty decent. Thought I was looking at a VS Upper Class cabin for a moment.

This is definitely not the same aircraft they were using previously.
this is the same aircraft azerbaijan was using on the JFK route before switching to the 787
Old May 7, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: EL AL Gold, BA Gold, LH M&M
Apparently the aircraft was suppose to go to Kingfisher Airline
They never took delivery
It's a340-500

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.