Wiki Posts
Search

Transiting / Connecting at TLV

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2016, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Transiting / Connecting at TLV

I've been through TLV a lot, and I've seen the "Transit passengers" sign before you go down the ramp to passport control.

However, I just had some flight plans change and I will now be transiting. Coming in from MAD on IB at 16:30, looking to connect to LY to BUD at 20:25.

My question is... I believe the BUD flight (LY2367) is operated by UP. And doesn't ticketing for UP flights happen at Terminal 1?

How do I connect to this flight?

Thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2016, 11:08 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Do you have checked luggage?
Israeli passport?
Old Sep 1, 2016, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Houminer
Do you have checked luggage?
Israeli passport?
US passport. I'm not sure if I will have checked luggage. I suppose I am waiting to find out what the transfer process entails. Most likely just a carry-on.

Thanks!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by econometrics
US passport. I'm not sure if I will have checked luggage. I suppose I am waiting to find out what the transfer process entails. Most likely just a carry-on.

Thanks!
All low cost flight do the checkin from T1, however depart from T3. Therefore if you will only have hand baggage you can stay in T3 (provides you will already have the BP for the UP flight). If you will have luggage to check and it won't be interlined, you will have to pick it up at T3, checkin in T1 (you can go there via the landside bus), and then go back to T3 (via the airside bus) for your departure.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gordo6
All low cost flight do the checkin from T1, however depart from T3. Therefore if you will only have hand baggage you can stay in T3 (provides you will already have the BP for the UP flight). If you will have luggage to check and it won't be interlined, you will have to pick it up at T3, checkin in T1 (you can go there via the landside bus), and then go back to T3 (via the airside bus) for your departure.
This was my assumption of how it would go, so thank you for confirming. ^
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by econometrics
This was my assumption of how it would go, so thank you for confirming. ^
In short, I would go hand-baggage only. Or just change you existing ticket so that you will fly MAD-BUD instead of MAD-TLV-BUD.
If MAD-TLV is the last segment of your ticket, I would suggest skipping it and buying a cheap oneway MAD-BUD.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gordo6
In short, I would go hand-baggage only. Or just change you existing ticket so that you will fly MAD-BUD instead of MAD-TLV-BUD.
If MAD-TLV is the last segment of your ticket, I would suggest skipping it and buying a cheap oneway MAD-BUD.
I think that's what I am going to do. Buying the R/T TLV-BUD on LY is going to cost the same as changing my ticket to DFW-XXX-BUD. Then I can check a bag and not worry about T3->T1->T3.

Thanks!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Yes, I also always wondered how bothersome connecting in TLV can be Does anyone has actual experience of doing that?
Old Sep 1, 2016, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
Yes, I also always wondered how bothersome connecting in TLV can be Does anyone has actual experience of doing that?
I'll give a full report if I do end up doing this. ^

But I have scoured Google search to find someone's first hand experience with this, and come up basically empty.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 11:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I think that security might be even more thorough in such a scenario.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 6:13 am
Original Poster

I'm sure it would be as well, because it's outside the "norm".

I made my plans last night, and I will not be transiting at TLV now. I re-routed my flight from DFW straight into BUD, instead of the original into TLV, then connecting to BUD. I guess I'll have to report back on transiting at another time. Perhaps a future trip to ADD.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I once spoke with flyertalk member antichef - he told me he had transitted at TLV. Arriving BA from LHR, connecting to RJ to AMM. You basically go down the escalator, there's a phone to call secutrity, they come about 10 - 15 minutes later, ask you a bunch of questions, then through scanner, and to departures.

I later attempted this myself, but i arrived on A3 from LCA at 2:00am, connecting on A3 to ATH at 5:30 am, and about 10 minutes after calling with that phone a woman comes and says it won't be possible - I would have to go landside and back through security - possibly because not enough security at such a time.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by benberg2013
I once spoke with flyertalk member antichef - he told me he had transitted at TLV. Arriving BA from LHR, connecting to RJ to AMM. You basically go down the escalator, there's a phone to call secutrity, they come about 10 - 15 minutes later, ask you a bunch of questions, then through scanner, and to departures.

I later attempted this myself, but i arrived on A3 from LCA at 2:00am, connecting on A3 to ATH at 5:30 am, and about 10 minutes after calling with that phone a woman comes and says it won't be possible - I would have to go landside and back through security - possibly because not enough security at such a time.
Lol, that sounds classic Israeli.

Thanks for the report!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.