Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

LY317 operated by Wamos today - AWFUL!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LY317 operated by Wamos today - AWFUL!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2016, 12:44 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by awayIgo
Now I"m getting nervous. I am flying the LY008 later this week. (in business) When did you find out they made the switch. I guess I can also watch the LY007 from the day before--since that equipment is the equipment that becomes the LY008. I've already done "penance" on the Spanish aircraft, once is enough!

What happened to the brand new aircraft they allegedly ordered from Boeing? I thought they were going to be rolled out shortly.
It actually depends on the day. For flights departing JFK at August 15:

LY11 (14 Aug) -> LY12 (15 Aug)
LY1 -> LY4
LY7 -> LY2
LY11 (15 Aug) -> LY8

LY7 -> LY8 is usually only correct for days in which LY4 does not operate or for Sundays (in which LY8 does not operate).

As for the 787, they are scheduled for 2017.

Last edited by gordo6; Jul 23, 2016 at 12:55 am
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:02 pm

I am flying Tuesday the 26th on the OO8. Since I am having problems finding exact information if someone can give me a link--or info---thanks
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
LY8 on the 26th looks like it's currently planned to operate with an LY aircraft, including First.

Having said that, with the way things are at the moment you never know whether a last minuet swap may happen.

The whole situation is dire. Aircarft Equipment changes, endless delays and cancelations.
Even UP are affected. Mrs Clubman came back from Berlin last week and lost her seat in Economy Plus when they changed the plane to a Sundor one in the last moment.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 6:26 am

Thanks Clubman. Where are you finding the information ( or is it Hebrew only) I should be able to check this myself!
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
ExpertFlyer is your friend
Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: LY, BT
Originally Posted by clubman
LY8 on the 26th looks like it's currently planned to operate with an LY aircraft, including First.

Having said that, with the way things are at the moment you never know whether a last minuet swap may happen.

The whole situation is dire. Aircarft Equipment changes, endless delays and cancelations.
Even UP are affected. Mrs Clubman came back from Berlin last week and lost her seat in Economy Plus when they changed the plane to a Sundor one in the last moment.
To add insult to injury, keep in mind that UP a/c have been used for Sundor ops for the last few weeks.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I recently had an Israir substituting for UP to KBP - so we all got free food and drink...
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No food was available at all on my wife's flight, and they were all given €10 food vouchers.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: UA PL, LY, HH Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold
i just emailed with complaint for my flight:

"Thank you for contacting El Al Israel Airlines

We will do our utmost to reply within 21 days."
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:31 pm

Last summer I ended up with the Spanish plane on a Luten to TLV flight. I was also upgraded to business from premium economy. Business was horrendous. I wrote El Al a note telling them how bad it was and that if they were trying to entice people to pay for business ( there were multiple upgraded people) the experience in that flight ( since I always fly business JFK to TLV and back I knew what it is usually like ---- warts and all) would do the exact opposite.

For my trouble they gave me a $50 voucher for onboard duty free. It is now multiple flights later and I've yet to find something I want, that doesn't require adding significant amounts of money.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:06 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by awayIgo
For my trouble they gave me a $50 voucher for onboard duty free. It is now multiple flights later and I've yet to find something I want, that doesn't require adding significant amounts of money.
There are plenty of bottles of booze or chocolates at that price point or less. Why not buy a gift for someone else?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moe8555
There are plenty of bottles of booze or chocolates at that price point or less.
I think that's besides the point.

$50 is a joke.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by clubman
I think that's besides the point.

$50 is a joke.

You are telling me. AND it is a bigger joke when you can't even use it. BUT--I will there is no way that they are keeping it.

BTW if you spend LESS, you don't get change, you just loose it.

AND despite the comment that there are plenty of things to buy, there really aren't
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:38 am
Original Poster

An embarrassing response from El Al - ignoring most of my points.

I have now lodged a complaint with the CAA and will start a small claims court claim.

Here it is:

Thank you for your email below from which we were sorry to learn of your disquiet. The fact that you took the time to write to us shows how important El Al Israel Airlines is to you and therefore, your feedback has been forwarded to our management for review.

As a result of operational issues and in an attempt to address the continuous demands of our clientele, some of our flights may use an aircraft from another carrier. In accordance with El Al's condition of carriage:

"There may be occasions where it is necessary for us to temporarily supplement our fleet with aircraft operated for our benefit by another airline. In such circumstances, we shall try to ensure that you receive the same level of services offered, including in-flight service, entertainment, and Baggage allowance to which you are entitled, according to the conditions of your Ticket, or if you booked such services in advance, but we cannot guarantee that this will always be possible. As provided in Article 7.6, on board services do not form part of our commitment to you."

The above can be found in the following link:
http://www.elal.com/en/AboutELAL/Leg...-Carriage.aspx

We trust you will understand that it is not always possible for our technical staff to advise how long it will take to rectify a technical fault, found prior to departure. Therefore our staff are not always able to provide precise departure information in such instances and endeavor to avoid any further delay, with the disembarking of all passengers and then having to board again. Nevertheless, we have noted all your comments and are sorry for inconvenience caused, as it is not our intention to cause discomfort of any kind to our passengers.

We do appreciate and thank you for your continued devotion to El Al. However, it is important to acknowledge that the company that was selected to carry out the service, is an airline which holds all licenses and permits that are required to carry the necessary operations. In addition, the airline has received approval from the Israeli authorities. Your feedback concerning the matter was forwarded to management for review.

As a token of our understanding, we have credited your frequent flyer account TL ?????? with 100 points, which may be used towards future bonus tickets, upgrades etc. This may take up to 7 business days.

Kindly accept our apology for the unfavorable impression you received in this instance. We look forward welcoming you on board our future flights.

Yours sincerely,
Charles Carver
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:05 am

Information from ElAl

A friend who's scheduled to fly to Toronto (in economy) next month got a phone call from ElAl (after 22:00 -- really unusual) telling him the flight will be on a leased aircraft. He was offered the opportunity to cancel his booking for a full refund, up to 48 hours before the flight.

Shuly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.