Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tus Airways

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Also, I've never waited 40 minutes at security in TLV. If HBO was too long, I'd do the interview and then go on the regular line. And if there was a long line for the interview, double back to check-in and do it there.
That one ^
I usually just do the one before check-in since the priority lane have 1 or 2 pax max, so no point in even taking a chance that the HBO interview line is shorter

Are there car rental agencies in HFA airport? not that I can fly to AMS from there anyway, but just out of pure interest... the drive to HFA would be just a little longer for me than the drive to TLV

Last edited by Ditto; Jun 14, 2017 at 5:29 am
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Out of curiosity, what has you all flying to LCA so much? Positioning for lower redemptions and cheaper fares?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
So it seems some Tus flights are T1 and some T3. My outbound is T1 and my return is T3. This leads to a couple of questions:
  1. Do I still get bused from T1 to T3 or have the actual departures moved to T1 as well? (Basically, where do I go if I have no checked luggage?)
  2. Assuming the departure has moved to T1, can I still buy duty free and pick-up on return or are the systems separate?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
So it seems some Tus flights are T1 and some T3. My outbound is T1 and my return is T3. This leads to a couple of questions:
  1. Do I still get bused from T1 to T3 or have the actual departures moved to T1 as well? (Basically, where do I go if I have no checked luggage?)
  2. Assuming the departure has moved to T1, can I still buy duty free and pick-up on return or are the systems separate?
All returns are to T3 so you go to T1 even if you don't have checked luggage.

I believe they will have the same system for duty free pick up.
When is your flight? I will fly at the end of August and will report.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Houminer
All returns are to T3 so you go to T1 even if you don't have checked luggage.
What does that mean?

I believe they will have the same system for duty free pick up.
So I can buy duty free, irrespective of terminal, and pick up on return?

When is your flight? I will fly at the end of August and will report.
I'm before you. Flying Monday.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:13 am

What does that mean?

So I can buy duty free, irrespective of terminal, and pick up on return?

I'm before you. Flying Monday.
I was not clear. Sorry.
For flights from T1 - you need to go to T1 even if you have no checked luggage.
All returns are to T3.

Duty free - I think it will be possible to haven't tried it yet.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Houminer
I was not clear. Sorry.
For flights from T1 - you need to go to T1 even if you have no checked luggage.
Is this ever since they re-opened T1? I assume you mean then that there's no more busing to T3?

All returns are to T3.
No flights arrive at T1? They don't have passport control?

Duty free - I think it will be possible to haven't tried it yet.
I'll ask on Monday, even if I don't end up buying anything
Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:20 am

Is this ever since they re-opened T1? I assume you mean then that there's no more busing to T3?

No flights arrive at T1? They don't have passport control?

I'll ask on Monday, even if I don't end up buying anything
From mid-June they stopped the busing.

There are no international arrivals to T1. I think this is planned to change in the future.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update - everything was T1. I actually haven't been in T1 since 2000 and it was such a change from T3. First off, it was nice to enter the airport area and basically arrive right there as opposed to the overshooting you do when arriving from the Merkaz. Next, the check-in hall resembled a high school gym with counters set up. There was only 1 line for Tus which made sense considering the size of the plane. On the flip side, you'd think Wizz was TLV's dominant carrier considering their presence, both at check-in and at the gates.

Was interesting that passport control is before security, the opposite of T3.

Everything was nice in being virtually no walking.

Security opened right into the gate area, and it looked like some of the smaller European airports. There was one Aroma, 019 for SIM cards, Passportcard, and all the duty free shops (James Richardson, A.L.M., Sakal, even Foot Locker (do they have in T3 also?)). I assume shul as well. No lounge I assumed.

Boarding is still via buses, but the stands are right there, meaning we could have walked in theory. Unlike the long bus rides when bussing to T3.

I asked what people do who want to buy duty free but leave it there for pick-up and they told me that all international arrivals are still T3 (good for me as I need the train after). The long-term plan is indeed to add international arrivals at T1 but didn't ask what will be then. Wondering if JR would push to add arrivals duty free like in most European airports.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:05 am

T1

I flew UP on Friday:
The line for security interview was very long, no separate line for and kind of premium. There was a separate line for HBO.
Separate line for "premium" check in.
Only one biometric passport machine operating (out of 4).
No premium line for security scan.
The whole process took a little more than 1 hour. With out the premium line for check in it would have been close to 90 minutes.
Because there is no lounge LY mailed me a voucher for cake and coffee at Aroma.

My biggest problem is that if you want to arrive your car then you leave it at T1 and arrive at T3.
I will try and avoid T1 but for some destinations it's hard.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Does anyone know if Tus codes as "travel" for credit cards? And a bonus follow-up: Do you get 5X points when purchasing with an American Amex Personal Platinum?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not sure why it wouldn't code as travel.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:53 am

I'm not sure why it wouldn't code as travel.
I recall reading here that the payment is done by some third-party processor and not directly integrated with the airline. WorldPay or something like that?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
TUS Haifa flights to end after october 16

http://passportnews.co.il/tus-airway...ts-from-haifa/

As per the article, due to the 8pm closure of the airport, high fees, also because Israel immigration authorities require them to fly out immediately anyone denied entry to Israel and this has caused problems including TUS having to fly in a special plane just for that purpose.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:07 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
I wonder if they are just trying to put pressure on? Easy to extend hours, immigration is indeed a problem because they have no holding area, and so demand immediate repatriation, but of course any people denied entry could be transferred to TLV. I suspect some arrangement will be reached.

The higher fees are because an exemption from IAA fees is due to expire. Since the airports are run for the benefit of their employees, and not the public, it is unlikely IMHO that they can extend the fee waiver.

Operating from TLV can't possibly be cheaper for TUS - longer approach, longer taxi, higher fees, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.