Wiki Posts
Search

EL AL business class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2016, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Originally Posted by Hemy
Thanks everyone, I am going to use my star alliance points for United if El Al does not reinstate my points into Matmid. What burns me though is that I transferred my hard earned almost 400k points into Matmid. Lesson learned if I lose all the Matmid points!! After retiring we moved from NJ to Charlotte, nc so I know EWR like the back of my hand so United it is for Israel on a comfortable flatbed. I wish Turkish airlines flew non stop from NY--l love that airline.
they're 170* "lie almost flat".
Old Mar 17, 2016, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by entropy
Not IME (or based on those posts)
Old Mar 17, 2016, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
These are really newbie questions but in reality I am a newbie to LY's Biz Class and I have two upcoming itineraries (TLV-MXP and TLV-AMS).

When I check in, do I have to get a pass for the King David Club (as I would for the Dan lounges when flying on a foreign airline) or do I just show my boarding pass at the club?

Is the same true for cooperating lounges for the return trip?

Also, I understand that I am allowed one guest. Do I have to remain with that guest or can we each go our separate ways (say to the Duty Free) and return independently?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No need for a pass for KDL in TLV - boarding pass is enough.

Officially, the guest must stay with you. Practically, no one checks or cares
Old Mar 17, 2016, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Officially, the guest must stay with you. Practically, no one checks or cares
If we both leave (I will be going to the smoking area quite a bit) will my guest be allowed back in by himself?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dovster
If we both leave (I will be going to the smoking area quite a bit) will my guest be allowed back in by himself?
That I don't know, though perhaps if the agent remembers the face, then yes? But just a guess, and no real clue
Old Mar 17, 2016, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Once the boarding pass of your guest is scanned, the system registers that they are your guest. Then, if their boarding pass is scanned again, it will come up that they are allowed entry becuase they are someone's guest.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 6:33 am

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles Elite Plus
Originally Posted by entropy
They're definitely 180 "lie completely flat". I should know, I fly with TK twice a month.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
I have never heard any galley noise. Expert Flyer calls it a "high traffic" seat but that has also not been true in my experience.
Me neither - I take this flight often and always choose that seat as it has a bit more room.

That being said, every other business seat on the Delta plane is still multiple times better than what LY is offering. It is unfortunate, but LY's product just doesn't compare and they price it the same way. (I will say, that LY has much more inventory at the "cheapest" business class than UA or DL does)
Old Apr 28, 2016, 3:30 pm

Having made the TLV-MXP-TLV itinerary this month in the 737-800, I have to admit I was not overly impressed by Biz Class. The big problem was that the seats recline so much that if the person in front of you has full recline there is almost no way you can get out of your seat.

Okay, I worked around that by taking the bulkhead aisle seat for the return flight and have reserved it both ways for my trip on the 737-900 to AMS next week. This leaves me with my second complaint -- why can't LY offer true IFE for Biz passengers? I don't want to have my choice restricted to the one movie being shown on an overhead screen.

I understand that some 737-900s have streaming entertainment but I won't know if my flight(s) will or won't until shortly beforehand. I do not own a tablet and am not about to buy one in the hope that I will get to see a movie. I do have a laptop which I can use but only if Biz seats have power to keep it charged. Can anyone here tell me if they do?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:35 am

Having made the TLV-MXP-TLV itinerary this month in the 737-800, I have to admit I was not overly impressed by Biz Class. The big problem was that the seats recline so much that if the person in front of you has full recline there is almost no way you can get out of your seat.

Okay, I worked around that by taking the bulkhead aisle seat for the return flight and have reserved it both ways for my trip on the 737-900 to AMS next week. This leaves me with my second complaint -- why can't LY offer true IFE for Biz passengers? I don't want to have my choice restricted to the one movie being shown on an overhead screen.

I understand that some 737-900s have streaming entertainment but I won't know if my flight(s) will or won't until shortly beforehand. I do not own a tablet and am not about to buy one in the hope that I will get to see a movie. I do have a laptop which I can use but only if Biz seats have power to keep it charged. Can anyone here tell me if they do?
According to Seatguru... they do:
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/El_...htno=338&date=

They also seem to rent out iPads for 10NIS: http://www.elal.com/en/PassengersInf.../Wemakeit.aspx
Old Apr 29, 2016, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
According to Seatguru... they do:
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/El_...htno=338&date=

They also seem to rent out iPads for 10NIS: http://www.elal.com/en/PassengersInf.../Wemakeit.aspx
The iPads are only available on flights to BOS for some reason and I am going to AMS.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
On the 737-900 all C pax get an ipad for no charge. There are also power outlets for every seat.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Houminer
On the 737-900 all C pax get an ipad for no charge. There are also power outlets for every seat.
Thank you -- that means I won't bother downloading the app to my laptop. I am surprised, however, because that is not what the LY website says.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 11:11 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Thank you -- that means I won't bother downloading the app to my laptop. I am surprised, however, because that is not what the LY website says.
You are surprised?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.