Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 more wet leases

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2016, 11:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Just booked LY 767 to and from PEK (beggining of May). Anyone know what are the chances of a wet lease substitute on that route?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
What about Hainan airlines?

slightly OT - I looked at their business fares - and they are cheaper than LY in Business in many cases , and believe they have a superior product (except for kosher food quality - about which I have no idea).

Even for Economy, Economy Man, Hainan would be worth a try if you expect to go to China frequently

Last edited by sabbasolo; Apr 14, 2016 at 8:26 am Reason: OT warning
Old Apr 16, 2016, 2:01 am

Programs: PL LY, PL CO , Gold HH
No more wet lease.
You can always call Elal and ask
(I am flying 767 to LTN on the 18.14 and I called to ask and this is what they told me)

LiorM
Old Apr 16, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by LiorM
No more wet lease.
You can always call Elal and ask
(I am flying 767 to LTN on the 18.14 and I called to ask and this is what they told me)

LiorM
There will be wet-leased 757 operating sundor flights this summer
Old Apr 18, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
slightly OT - I looked at their business fares - and they are cheaper than LY in Business in many cases , and believe they have a superior product (except for kosher food quality - about which I have no idea).

Even for Economy, Economy Man, Hainan would be worth a try if you expect to go to China frequently
Thanks. Despite my handle I haven't flown long-haul economy for a good 7 years or so.
I looked at Hainan. Not a bad option if the flight times work for you. They have a $2000 fare in business. For me, the timing doesn't work. I'm going for two days of meetings, need to arrive Tue and leave Thu evening.
Old May 2, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
LY is currently using a 757: do you know where this a/c comes from?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.