Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Luggage voucher no longer transferable?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2016, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles

I just wanted to buy for my wife a luggage voucher for 300 points and was told that as of Jan 1, 2016 one cannot buy a luggage voucher for a spouse. You can from now on only buy a luggage voucher for yourself.

Can anyone point me at an Elal announcement about this?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
A long time ago I wanted to buy a voucher for someone else.
Liat the disappearing lurker told me this is possible.
I called the LY call center and they told me that someone who has status cannot buy a voucher (because they get the second bag for free).
I told them that Liat said the opposite, they told me "Liat who??"
Old Jan 21, 2016, 3:48 pm

I dont recall any announcement from EL AL matmid's program in regards to this change taking place..

I do recall that this has been in place for some time though- but the work around was- that you would have to fly with the person (which is basically- you just using your own voucher).
thread is here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/el-al...oints-how.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.