Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Checking bags in TLV via Elal and onward

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles

I plan to fly to Rekjavik and wanted to know about checking suitcases in TLV, stopping for 4 hours in AMS and continuing on via Icelander or going via CDG with a 5 hour stopover and the continuing on via Icelander. Will Elal allow me to check my suitcases all the way to KEF including issuing boarding passes or will I have to retrieve my suitcases, checkin and go thru passport control?

Thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Based on this: http://agents.icelandair.us/servlet/...%2017Sep14.pdf

LY appears to have no interline agreement with Icelandair, so they won't check your baggage through.
In any case they won't issue onward boarding passes for Icelandair.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
Based on this: http://agents.icelandair.us/servlet/...%2017Sep14.pdf

LY appears to have no interline agreement with Icelandair, so they won't check your baggage through.
In any case they won't issue onward boarding passes for Icelandair.
Bummer. That means I have to go out, pass passport control, retrieve my suitcase, checkin in AMS at Icelandair, and re-enter via passport control and get to the gate? Major bummer!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
According to expert flyer LY and FI do have interline and ticketing agreement. As long as the flights are on the same ticket you should be fine, and based on my experience most LY agents will also check in the bags all the way even if you are on separate tickets.

As for boarding pass, LY may not be able to print FI boarding passes. Online check in is recommended, but if not possible you will be able to retrieve your boarding pass at the connections desk at your connecting airport, without the need to clear passport control.

And as a site note, connecting in AMS is much easier than in CDG, and 4 hours is plenty of time. I would choose AMS as your connecting point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.