Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

My LY Sega - Explains Again Why LY Is The Most Hated Airline

My LY Sega - Explains Again Why LY Is The Most Hated Airline

Old Dec 14, 2015, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by NYTA
The funny part is thinking that LY will care about a DOT complaint. I had a valid EC 261 complaint against them for a cancelled flight from ZRH and they just laughed at me even after I filed the complaint - first they tried telling me that EC261 wasn't valid, only the Israeli law, since I'm an Israeli resident - except that under Israeli law I was due compensation as well!
I remember you posting about this awhile back and you went through some service that fights for you. Did you ever get the money from them?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:13 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by joshwex90
I remember you posting about this awhile back and you went through some service that fights for you. Did you ever get the money from them?
Not yet. I probably would have been better off suing them myself in small claims court in Israel.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYTA
Not yet. I probably would have been better off suing them myself in small claims court in Israel.
So why not try that?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Because I already gave power of attorney to one of the EC261 outsourcing firms that is allegedly going to sue them in Switzerland. Plus, I don't have the time or patience to deal with Israeli small claims.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA (ExPlat).DL,UA Hertz (Pres Circle); Avis (First), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott (Gold)
Sorry guys, Ilman is right. He had a confirmed seat; LY acknowledged that he did and he was confirmed. He legally is no different than somebody who booked directly with LY. He is entitled to DBC (Denied Boarding Compensation) - basically the airfare, and a free ticket, plus his incidentals, ex-United States; not sure what kind of compensation if it were in the other direction. Based on what the LY agent told him, he should also get an apology from LY and the agent should be disciplined. And I'm Jewish too. That part doesn't matter.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeffhacker
And I'm Jewish too. That part doesn't matter.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.ph...;topicseen#new

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.