Wiki Posts
Search

Guesting into Dan lounges

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2015, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Guesting into Dan lounges

The free entry via CC to the Dan lounges is almost completely over. Guesting into the KD lounge seems to have been restricted as well to a certain number per year ?

Why don't we have a sticky for guesting into the Dan lounges - I will have *A/Skyteam +1 access for most of my flights and would be happy to contribute.
(Taking into account standard Israeli nature this should bring about a quick addition of 400,000 new Israeli flyertalk members )

D.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
While I'll hang out in the Dan lounges, given the overall quality of the airport, I hardly think its worthwhile.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
I use prioritypass for the lounges so that won't work for me. It was so crowded today I wouldn't want to encourage more people to join. I did discover however that they have liquor but only upon request.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 9:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I think that this is not a bad idea, with a wiki to be started. I get in with a mixture - status with One World, Star Alliance, (rarely Skyteam) and priority pass from my amex platinum with which I can guest 1 for free.
Just keep in mind that when guesting due to airline status, the official rule is that the guest must be flying on an airline within that alliance, but I don't think this is enforced in TLV.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by NYTA
I use prioritypass for the lounges so that won't work for me. It was so crowded today I wouldn't want to encourage more people to join. I did discover however that they have liquor but only upon request.
I didn't know that either about the liquor. What do they offer exactly?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
They have liquor?! Both lounges? At all times?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by dand99
The free entry via CC to the Dan lounges is almost completely over. Guesting into the KD lounge seems to have been restricted as well to a certain number per year ?

Why don't we have a sticky for guesting into the Dan lounges - I will have *A/Skyteam +1 access for most of my flights and would be happy to contribute.
(Taking into account standard Israeli nature this should bring about a quick addition of 400,000 new Israeli flyertalk members )

D.
Good idea; I can guest 1 on Oneworld (Dan) / and sometimes British (Dan+).
Old Sep 30, 2015, 3:30 am

Programs: *A
I can guest two with PP. Perhaps yosithezet will merge this with the existing KDL thread.
NYTA, please tell about the liquor!
Old Sep 30, 2015, 5:31 am

I know someone who works in the lounge. She stopped by my table and asked if I wanted an alcoholic drink. I wasn't thirsty at the time so didn't ask what the choices were. She told me they keep it behind the counter in the front and it's available only upon request. I am guessing the feeling is that if they left them out they'd disappear? I also noticed they had open bottles of red and white wine by the coffee/coolers in the former first class area. That said I was just in the LH lounge last night in London which had some really nice scotch among other top quality beer, wine and liquors and of course, hot food.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:56 am

I know someone who works in the lounge. She stopped by my table and asked if I wanted an alcoholic drink. I wasn't thirsty at the time so didn't ask what the choices were. She told me they keep it behind the counter in the front and it's available only upon request. I am guessing the feeling is that if they left them out they'd disappear? I also noticed they had open bottles of red and white wine by the coffee/coolers in the former first class area. That said I was just in the LH lounge last night in London which had some really nice scotch among other top quality beer, wine and liquors and of course, hot food.
There are liquors on the counter at the Dan+
Old Sep 30, 2015, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by ophir_mm
There are liquors on the counter at the Dan+
That's why it is +
Old Sep 30, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: *A
The problem with the Dan lounge is the lack of competition means there is no incentive for them to improve their product. It is consistently full, despite the extortionate price they charge. The situation won't change until enough airlines force the IAA to do something. But because no airline can afford to stop using Dan, change seems far away. The only hope is for a *A lounge.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 10:53 am

That's why it is +
This is, I'm afraid, almost its only +
Old Sep 30, 2015, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by sds1493
The problem with the Dan lounge is the lack of competition means there is no incentive for them to improve their product. It is consistently full, despite the extortionate price they charge. The situation won't change until enough airlines force the IAA to do something. But because no airline can afford to stop using Dan, change seems far away. The only hope is for a *A lounge.
+1. Of the 27 *A member airlines, the following serve TLV: Aegean, Austrian, Brussels, Ethiopian, LOT, Lufthansa, SAS, Swiss, Turkish, United. So a *A lounge is definitely welcome.
On second thoughts, wouldn't the busy-ness of the dan just move to it (so we won't gain much)?
Old Sep 30, 2015, 1:56 pm

Dan had always liquers upon request

It is the same for years, not only in the "+"
The variety is quite large.
And if you know what to ask, you just get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.