Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Changes in Dan lounge access with Israeli CCs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes in Dan lounge access with Israeli CCs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:32 am

DAN access with Leumi Card Platinum Visa - February 2016

Hello I have 2 questions, can't find the answers on Leumi Cards' bloated website:

1. Do DAN lounges in TLV still allow access with Leumi Card Platinum Visa, free of charge, to a valid card holder? and if so -

2. Does that access also allowing the card holder bringing guests? How many?

Any other known restrictions/limitations with that access??

Thanks,
Ori.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Ori Kuper
Hello I have 2 questions, can't find the answers on Leumi Cards' bloated website:

1. Do DAN lounges in TLV still allow access with Leumi Card Platinum Visa, free of charge, to a valid card holder? and if so -

2. Does that access also allowing the card holder bringing guests? How many?

Any other known restrictions/limitations with that access??

Thanks,
Ori.
No and no.
You need to order a "pinuk" on Leumi card and it's only available to several special clubs of Leumi card. The minimal spend for a single "pinuk" is 2000 NIS per month.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by TheShis
No and no.
You need to order a "pinuk" on Leumi card and it's only available to several special clubs of Leumi card. The minimal spend for a single "pinuk" is 2000 NIS per month.
Thanks! I'll check into that!
Ori.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
So I just noticed that (at least) one of my credit cards offers freebies when flying. I can get free food/drink (sandwich, coffee, and pastry from Aroma and the like). Not bad at all, and with free food and WiFi, yet again another reason not to miss Dan access (via Israeli cc).

It's Mafteach Discount
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:37 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by joshwex90
So I just noticed that (at least) one of my credit cards offers freebies when flying. I can get free food/drink (sandwich, coffee, and pastry from Aroma and the like). Not bad at all, and with free food and WiFi, yet again another reason not to miss Dan access (via Israeli cc).

It's Mafteach Discount
The CAL Diners High Miles card still offers a pre-flight perk also. There are 4 options, along the lines of either a free book, free personal pizza, free sandwich and coffee, or one other choice.

But Dan still wins for me - no denying the free booze (including the hidden "good stuff" you have to ask for).
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Meh, I'm good without the free beer. Nothing special. I've been told too often about this good stuff, and have never found it!
Old Dec 15, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Meh, I'm good without the free beer. Nothing special. I've been told too often about this good stuff, and have never found it!
You have to specifically ask for it at the desk, using the codeword "the chicken has flown the coop" (kidding about that last part, of course)
Old Mar 2, 2017, 6:59 pm

So, I'm writing this here at the lounge after having been shown the "good stuff." Believe you me: It ain't that good! Basically, you ask to see the spirits at the front desk and they open this cupboard that's pretty much right next to the desk. As of today, inside was:

-Ballantine's scotch
-Bacardi silver
-Bacardi gold
-some random liqueur
-Beefeater gin
-Absolut vodka
-random mixers, such as tonic water and ginger ale

It isn't self-service; the front desk person asks you what you want and then pours accordingly. To their credit, they poured a very "(un)healthy" portion by default.

The lounge isn't very empty and it's pretty obvious that I'm the only person here who realizes that this secret cupboard exists. There is no signage.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
New Perks for Visa CAL

Looks like this is from March

Choice of a few plus 30 NIS entry into the DANs
Not sure who's eligible (I am )

https://www.cal-travel2.co.il/
Old Mar 19, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by dand99
Looks like this is from March

Choice of a few plus 30 NIS entry into the DANs
Not sure who's eligible (I am )

https://www.cal-travel2.co.il/
30 NIS is what the Dan lounges are worth.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Yup

For a few coffees and a bite to eat - I'd say probably a bit more than 30 shekels.

If you thought the Dans got crowded before....

I guess they figured out they couldn't afford losing all their old CC revenue (from when it was free for premium) - better ~20 Nis revenue per pax than zero....
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by dand99
For a few coffees and a bite to eat - I'd say probably a bit more than 30 shekels.

If you thought the Dans got crowded before....

I guess they figured out they couldn't afford losing all their old CC revenue (from when it was free for premium) - better ~20 Nis revenue per pax than zero....
But even being free for PAX doesn't mean the CC company didn't pay DAN for the entrance...
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:05 am
Original Poster

I am sure they did - this is why the Dans lost revenue when the freebies stopped, and I assume this is a (first ?) attempt to get some of this revenue back

Originally Posted by Ditto
But even being free for PAX doesn't mean the CC company didn't pay DAN for the entrance...
Old May 3, 2017, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
FWIW, last night the DAN C lounge was just mobbed, they had people managing as a one-out-one-in. It was pretty awful.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Leumi Card executive card now charge 2 "Pinukim" instead of 1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.