Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Changes in Dan lounge access with Israeli CCs

Changes in Dan lounge access with Israeli CCs

Old Sep 20, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by FlyingOutTLV
Used the lounge before AY and IB flights with both Y and J tickets.

They do ask you for an invitation - which you can get at the check-in counters. To avoid the long line, if you don't have begs to check, just say you're heading to the business class counters (usually empty), already checked-in and just want to pick up the lounge invitation. Not a lie.

BTW, twice now when flying Y with OneWorld carriers, I was advised to use the fast track as a 'priority passenger'. I found it odd because that line is exclusive for J and F - as well it should be. But I was indeed allowed through (it was empty, as it usually is).
This is good to know especially the invitation thing because I usually go straight to the departure gates.

And concerning the 'fast track' - in fact it is not exclusively for J/F in other big hubs so costumers with status can use them too so it is encouraging to know that. Who were you advised by, the people at the Check-in counters?
Old Sep 20, 2015, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by ophir_mm
This is good to know especially the invitation thing because I usually go straight to the departure gates.

And concerning the 'fast track' - in fact it is not exclusively for J/F in other big hubs so costumers with status can use them too so it is encouraging to know that. Who were you advised by, the people at the Check-in counters?
Whether we like it or not and whether it makes sense or not, the Fast Track security at TLV is reserved for F/C pax. Not FFs.

That being said, they may allow others on the line, especially pax who didn't check luggage. But officially, not for FFs
Old Sep 20, 2015, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Whether we like it or not and whether it makes sense or not, the Fast Track security at TLV is reserved for F/C pax. Not FFs.

That being said, they may allow others on the line, especially pax who didn't check luggage. But officially, not for FFs
This is exactly the reason I wanted to know who gave the advice to use it on Y for Pax of (high) FF status. From my experience last month those without checked luggage on Y weren't allowed to to use the "Fast Track" and were sent to the "normal" queue; But I see your point.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 3:07 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Is the fast track in the security check before of after check in? I didn't ever notice one
Old Sep 21, 2015, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by photographer2012
Is the fast track in the security check before of after check in? I didn't ever notice one
It's fairly new; I used it for the first time in early July. It is located just before the entrance to security and immigration areas, on the righthand side where the check in for Pax traveling only with hand luggage. And it is really quick...
Old Sep 21, 2015, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by photographer2012
It's in place of security all the way to the right. There's no fast track for security interview before check-in other than the cut-through that most zones have for F/C pax (which is all honor's system anyways)
Old Sep 21, 2015, 4:57 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G

I've seen them ask "are you flying business?" And not checking BP. Most people say the truth.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Houminer
I've seen them ask "are you flying business?" And not checking BP. Most people say the truth.
I'd much rather they have a setup like other airports that allows F/C pax as well as elites (*G, etc.) and simply put in a scanner with auto-gates. No shenanigans.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I'd much rather they have a setup like other airports that allows F/C pax as well as elites (*G, etc.) and simply put in a scanner with auto-gates. No shenanigans.
Well, machines do have their issues aswell. I passed through BRU today, flying to London with BA, and even with BA silver, the machine would not allow me through the fast track, but the woman nearby allowed me through after seeing my card.

I agree that the staff should be told to allow FF's through too.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by ophir_mm
Who were you advised by, the people at the Check-in counters?
Yes, when I collected my lounge invitation the check-in agent told me I could use the fast track. I said it's for J/F only, and I was in Y on that flight, but she insisted I could use it because my BP indicated 'Priority'. She was wrong. The lady at the entrance to the fast track said it was for J/F only and asked who advised me otherwise. I answered and she allowed me to pass anyway since it was empty. It didn't feel right to ask but I was curious.

They do check the BP at the fast track.

On a different occasion, two weeks ago, I went straight to the ask-me-if-I'm-a-terrorist counter since I did not check a beg and after the short interrogation the lady pointed to the fast track, which was empty, and let me in. I was flying Y and did not ask to enter the fast track.

It's great, though.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by benberg2013
Well, machines do have their issues aswell. I passed through BRU today, flying to London with BA, and even with BA silver, the machine would not allow me through the fast track, but the woman nearby allowed me through after seeing my card.

I agree that the staff should be told to allow FF's through too.
I agree there should be some staff there as backup, which I believe is the case with almost all automated processes throughout airports, worldwide. (Check-in kiosks, automated boarding, e-gates/biometric passport kiosks, etc.)
Old Sep 21, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by FlyingOutTLV
On a different occasion, two weeks ago, I went straight to the ask-me-if-I'm-a-terrorist counter since I did not check a beg and after the short interrogation the lady pointed to the fast track, which was empty, and let me in. I was flying Y and did not ask to enter the fast track.
There seem to be two 'fast track' lines. One for J/F and one for passengers with no bags who have done early checkin (as described by you above).

I have had luck with a guest who is not in J/F by just showing the first of the BPs. They don't seem to be too fussy about checking all of them. Just don't ask them first, as they will say no!
Old Sep 21, 2015, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikebg
There seem to be two 'fast track' lines. One for J/F and one for passengers with no bags who have done early checkin (as described by you above).

I have had luck with a guest who is not in J/F by just showing the first of the BPs. They don't seem to be too fussy about checking all of them. Just don't ask them first, as they will say no!
There aren't 2 lines. There are 2 separate things happening, coincidentally right next to each other. One is the security interview for people who didn't check bags (which is there because that's where people who didn't check bags head straight to in the airport) and that's pre-security checkpoint. Then there's the Fast Track.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Back to the subject of the thread, this morning by the dan lounge, all 3 people in front of me in the line trying to access the dan lounge tried with Israeli credit cards and were told they have to register something online first.
There is also a machine (ipad or tablet) inside, on the left side of the desk, which i think is somewhere to register with the credit card company.
I have no clue about israeli credit cards, but i could see that one of them was a gold card, maybe Amex.
I guested one guy inside with my priority pass.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 10:40 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Back to the subject of the thread, this morning by the dan lounge, all 3 people in front of me in the line trying to access the dan lounge tried with Israeli credit cards and were told they have to register something online first.
There is also a machine (ipad or tablet) inside, on the left side of the desk, which i think is somewhere to register with the credit card company.
I have no clue about israeli credit cards, but i could see that one of them was a gold card, maybe Amex.
I guested one guy inside with my priority pass.
It's a fairly simple process - you just go to the amex israel website, entered you T.Z. ID Number and last 6 digits of your credit card and you get a one time use code for the Dan lounge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.