Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

What does this mean in English?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold

Got this in an email from El Al. Despite it being written in English, I dont understand what it means:

As of June 10, 2015 El Al Matmid Frequent Flyer Club members ordering a bonus ticket through travel agents or through the El Al Telephone Service Center Representatives will be required to state whether they wish to issue the bonus ticket from one account or more of Matmid members. This information must be provided at the time of booking and not at the time of ticketing.
This corresponds to the process via the El Al website.

Any ideas? Does this mean one can order an El Al bonus ticket using partial points from multiple accounts?
Old May 11, 2015, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by nombody

Any ideas? Does this mean one can order an El Al bonus ticket using partial points from multiple accounts?
Thats how I understood it.
Old May 11, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze

No it is not. At the moment, when reserving a bonus ticket via the call centre, you do not need to say from which account the points will be deducted (as of today, it can be delayed until ticketing). This will be put to an end.
Old May 13, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Originally Posted by nombody
That has always been the case but not you will need to say which accounts at the time of booking, not ticketing.
Old May 13, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by economyman
That has always been the case but not you will need to say which accounts at the time of booking, not ticketing.
No, you can only use one account for each ticket. You can however use separate tickets for inbound and outbound.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.