Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Workshop for Coping with Fear of Flying

Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:45 am
Original Poster

from the website:
"EL AL understands that for some passengers flying is not something to be taken for granted. Therefore we have decided to open a special workshop to deal with fear of flying. This is the first workshop conducted by expert staff members from both the psychological and aviation fields."

more here:
http://www.elal.co.il/elal/english/a...ng_300413.html

Last edited by simba8; Jan 4, 2015 at 9:06 am
Old Feb 13, 2015, 12:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by simba8
from the website:
"EL AL understands that for some passengers flying is not something to be taken for granted. Therefore we have decided to open a special workshop to deal with fear of flying. This is the first workshop conducted by expert staff members from both the psychological and aviation fields."

more here:
http://www.elal.co.il/elal/english/a...ng_300413.html
Old Feb 13, 2015, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by benberg2013
What's so funny?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 5:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by clubman
What's so funny?
I've never heard of an airline making such a program - airlines operate flights - since when do they deal with people with phobias?
Old Feb 14, 2015, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
I've never heard of an airline making such a program?
Virgin Atlantic, British Airways, Easy Jet and Qantas, to name a few...
Old Feb 14, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
AF, too (I did it in 1999)
Old Feb 15, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
I've never heard of an airline making such a program - airlines operate flights - since when do they deal with people with phobias?
As already noted by clubman, many airlines do this. It's certainly no laughing matter for the people who are afraid of flying and fear of flying is I would venture rather common. From a policy perspective, it can be argued that it is very much in the airlines interest to offer such courses because it's in their interest that people who are afraid to fly with them do fly with them and without fear.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre

In fact as you can see - BA take it very seriously...

http://flyingwithconfidence.com/
Old Feb 16, 2015, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Hyatt Plat

Around 10 years ago EL AL even had a channel on their loop a/v system featuring one of their 777 captains (who also has a PhD in Psychology and holds seminars with those who fear flying) dedicated to those who fear flying. The whole channel consisted of this captain, in a somewhat soothing voice, explaining the take off, landing, and flight processes as well as turbulence. I found it to be somewhat comical as it provided better entertainment than the other channels on their loop a/v system which was outdated even back then.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.